Anyone hauling big TC with older truck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arch7

I've got a 93 F350 long bed crew cab, SRW, GVWR 9200. I just bought a circa 1985 big slide in camper (hangs out 3' past bumper or so) and I am not sure exact weight of it though from others I've seen that are similar its probably around 2,000 pounds.

I'd like to hear from others with older rigs to make sure I'm not over doing it etc and any mods I may need to make.

If it was my rig, I would install Super Springs.  Inexpensive and easy to install boost load capacity up to 5000 lbs.  I put them on my Truck F-350 and I pull a TT and it makes a difference.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/super-springs

Cool alright thank you never heard of those. Yea because even if i'm good with the TC and the truck etc, I'd still like to have the option of loading some more weight, like extra spare tire, bikes, generator, more water, etc

I chatted with a rep from supersprings and he says they don't increase the weight rating of the truck. They have the ones rated for 5,000 pounds but my truck is already rated for 6300lb in the rear. he says they prevent the sagging but my truck doesn't sag in the rear (an inch or two but not noticable) so seems like a waste of money.

Fair enough,  my truck is raised 6" and the rear bumper did pull down when I had the trailer hooked up.  Part of the problem is that I didn't have the proper drop on my hitch I only had 3" and needed 7" that is sorted now and we are hooking up Saturday to go to Yuma AZ.  We will see if the super springs engage now or not.

Tom...

Back
Top Bottom