Springfield IL, Memphis TN, and Branson MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jemz

We just got back from our first trip with our new travel trailer.  Glad to report it went pretty smoothly and we had a great time!  We wrote about it in our blog as we went along and will hopefully start adding pictures to it today, but it will take a while.

http://www.ourfamilymisadventures.blogspot.com/2014/09/september-2014-rv-trip-illinois.html

On our long drive home yesterday, we dreamt about where we would take it next year.  Maybe New England, maybe Yellowstone, definately some shorter trips too. 

Sorry, I see it was Silver Dollar. Are there shuttles to attractions? I have a Class C with no toad. Thanks

Yes, there was a free shuttle to SDC. A limited schedule but adequate.  We opted to drive since parking was free.  It was a nice campground.  My favorite of the trip for sure.

I'm also a central Illinoisian, about an hour from you in Springfield.  If you want a future trip idea, I highly recommend Covert Beach & Campground in Covert, MI.  It'll be a ~5 hour trip for you, maybe a little longer at RV speeds and with a short stop.  If you've never been on that (west) side of Lake Michigan, it's like the ocean to us cornfielders.  Soft sandy beaches and real waves, with amazing sunset scenery!  South Haven and some other neat harbor towns are around too, if you want to get out in the area.  We were amazed the first time we went there, and made it a point to go every season when we owned our motorhome... and will return as soon as we buy another RV.

Covert Beach & Campground in Covert, MI.  It'll be a ~5 hour trip for you, maybe a little longer at RV speeds and with a short stop.  If you've never been on that (west) side of Lake Michigan

Scotty, do you need a new compass? :)

Ned said:
Scotty, do you need a new compass? :)

Oh you didn't know that when I say WEST, I mean EAST?  I thought everyone got the memo.  ;)

West side of the state (not the lake) was what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom