rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Bought a New topper  (Read 1642 times)


  • Posts: 4
Bought a New topper
« on: September 22, 2014, 07:03:30 AM »
Needed a new topper for my new 2014 F150,and liked my old ARE on my 2003 so much,I got another,and gotta say the thing fits so perfect,it just sets down on the truck,and one little wiggle,it was perfect.I don't see how ARE's tolerances can be so tight.I thought the 2003 fit good,but didn't come close to this one.The salesman was going to charge me $150.00 installation,so I ask him if me and my son can set it on and I'd finish up at home,and he said sure.They took the shell done from a rack with a forklift,took some shipping boards off the bottom,and set it on my truck.I got in and tightened 4 clamps and was done.5 minutes tops.Sure nice to keep all the outside camping accessories in the dry and locked up,and not in the trailer.So happy with my purchase,just had to tell y'all.

Rene T

  • Forum Staff
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 11834
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: Bought a New topper
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:59:37 PM »
I believe you're talking about a truck cap. Is that right? Never heard it called a topper.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL


  • Posts: 4
Re: Bought a New topper
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:11:15 AM »
Sorry!I did mean cap.Reckon it's just locale slang.


  • ---
  • Posts: 850
Re: Bought a New topper
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
They're called toppers in this part of the country also
Larry and Betty
Bryan, Texas
2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
2016 Cougar 28RLS