RV Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tstumpf

Hello All,

Haven't been on the forum much for awhile; it was another crazy busy summer for us. Hoping to update our blog soon now that things are beginning to settle down a little bit.

We had a short visit with a photographer friend this summer who using her wide angle lens, took some interior shots of our RV. Everyone who has seen my photos online somewhere and then in person has commented that the photos don't do it justice and you really need to see it in person where you can take it all in at once.

Our friend Mary thought maybe some wide angle shots would be better.

-Roni

Attachments

• stumpf 002_1 - Copy (2).JPG
    stumpf 002_1 - Copy (2).JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 702
  • stumpf 004_1 - Copy.JPG
    stumpf 004_1 - Copy.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 546
  • stumpf 009_1 - Copy.JPG
    stumpf 009_1 - Copy.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 550
  • stumpf 010_1 - Copy (2).JPG
    stumpf 010_1 - Copy (2).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 567
The whole problem with photography is that you are taking a three dimensional item and reducing it to two dimension. For certain subjects this works well, for other subjects it does not work at all. RVs are firmly in the second group. It is almost impossible to get really good shots of the interior of a motorhome. The outside light in daytime is brilliant and the light inside an RV is usually low. That alone provides challenges most photographers can't overcome. It is best to photograph the interior at night so you don't have competing lighting situations going on.

I've seen photos like this online but always thought they were the insides of airstreams.

-Roni

Ahh ... home sweet RV home. 

Yes photographing the interior of an RV can be challenging.  Having technical knowledge of how to balance ambient lighting with off camera flash is part of the solution.  It almost looks like the person who took the photos used a fisheye lens versus a wide angle lens.

No matter, your RV looks very comfortable and welcoming.  You have reason to be very proud of your RV home.

Thanks, Blue Skies,

You're correct. It was a fish eye lens..duh!

-Roni

I think the photography actually works well. Your attention to detail and your design goals are quite clear. You obviously put a lot of thinking and work into this.

The only disharmonious piece for me is the floor rug, because it doesn't have any matching blue in it.

For anyone buying a used rig to customize, this is very encouraging. The standard rigs are pretty much generic to appeal to generic tastes. 

I have mentally toyed with themes. I think I would like an Asian theme for my rig.

The only disharmonious piece for me is the floor rug, because it doesn't have any matching blue in it.
I agree! We bought that rug before we came up with the remodel idea. Have been looking, but haven't found the right one yet. It could be awhile, because sometimes I just really enjoy the hunt!

I'm not crazy about the denim right next to the turquoise cabinets either! Didn't think I'd have a problem tying it all in somehow; maybe the new rug we come up with???

For anyone buying a used rig to customize, this is very encouraging. The standard rigs are pretty much generic to appeal to generic tastes.
If you don't give a lick about resale, it's a lot easier to have the guts to go for it and a lot more fun!
Although, a lot of people have walked into our rig and said, "You could sell this!" And my only thought was, why would we?

Be sure and post a lot of photos if you go for it. I think an Asian theme could be fun. Whatever you decide, just remember it's not cheap, so pick a theme you're sure you won't get tired of.

This was a fun project. If we had more money than we knew what to do with....who knows what we'd do...lol!

-Roni

Over dinner with my wife tonight, and her not having seen your pics, we were discussing themes for an RV. She is Chinese, and she surprised me. I gave her a list of about six themes to start the discussion with and she thought a beach theme would be great.

Roni,  I was just skimming your blog.  Do you live or spend a lot of time in Minnesota?  We live in Champlin. 

We're full-timers originally from MN. Since most family members still reside there, we often visit in the summer. It's usually so hectic when we visit, but maybe we can squeeze in a mini rally next year.
-Roni

We are just starting to make this RV our home.  When we bought our '08 Fleetwood Bounder 39P, we had them pull up the grimy carpet.  I hate carpet.  They put down wood laminate.  Then I just re-covered the window valences, then I have given more thought about that and now think I sheer curtains might be better.

Attachments

• new floors.png
    new floors.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 181
Couldn't see the valances in your photo, but I do like the breezy look of sheer curtains. One thing that happens when you remove the valances, is you lose some privacy on the sides of your curtains. At first I tried to fix that problem with two layers of curtains on the ends, but it didn't work too well because there isn't enough space for the curtains to hang behind furniture.
So I took the sea foam curtains down and just bunch the white curtains up at the sides when I want more privacy.

-Roni

Attachments

• 20140125_090537 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    20140125_090537 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2061 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2061 - Copy.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 164
I know that her husband Trevor made the new dinette area. Just met up with them in Florida for dinner after talking with Roni through the forum for quite some time after bonding over our "beachy" rv remodels. If you want specific information from her just message her directly though this site. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing her remodel in person yet but hope to in the next few weeks!

Glad Cnh responded, it was something I met to respond to after I finished browsing and you know...very short memory.

Yes, Trevor made the dinette himself. We like it, because there's no way the benches on this baby are going to sag, but cushioning on the seats would be nice. My mom gave me a thin pad to use until we figure something else out.

For short periods of time it's okay but not when you're playing Hand & Foot!

If you want details, like cnh said, please feel free to message us through the forum.

-Roni

Update! Got to see Roni's RV in person and it is wonderful. So many touches that are unexpected and inspiring. Love the sheer curtains that hide the blinds and the little shutters over the window. The sheers have little starfish and shell design in them. The pictures do not do justice to how nice it is. The color variations on the cabinets is beautiful. The bathroom has a faux window overlooking a beach scene and has a super-cute boogie board/towel rod. The wide plank flooring looks great.

Roni, too bad I didn't bring my sewing machine with (will get it when I go to NC) because I could have made you some cushions for the dinette while we were still in close proximity.

It is so nice to see people who have really made their rv their own-a little paint and color goes a long way.

Thanks for the compliments!
It was nice to see you guys again and meet your friends. Could have chatted all day but promised the office we wouldn't be longer than 15 mins.
Hope to see you again next winter if not before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom