back splash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trplpwr

Ok, second question, the back splash is coming apart in our 92 HR. Is it held in place by sealant or screws? Not able to see the bottom side because of the support board mounted to the wall to hold the counter top in place. I probably will just chip away at it to remove it and then figure out what to replace it with.  Flooring will get changed at some point as well, it's not bad just to up date it. there is one area that is lower due to the furnace is there any advice on using some sort of heat shield to keep the floor solid in that area? Also we are thinking of getting a blue flame heater to ease the use of lpg and have better heat. We are surrounded by trees but have no skirting or shed to park under. She's a 33 ft. We are on 20 amp power that is shared so electric heat works, just not very well, that's why we are thinking a free standing blue flame is the answer. I have done a lot of research and this seems the way to go..

WHOOPS!!! Posted this in the wrong forum dang newbie!! Move to remodeling please.........

We have a 38p Bounder and would like to put in a backsplash.  The only tile I can find that is lightweight is the spastic stuff.  But it is so drab.  Anyone else have any other ideas.  Also has anyone replaced the fridge with a real on?  What window did you need to take out to bring the real one into the RV?

Surfingmouse said:
We have a 38p Bounder and would like to put in a backsplash.  The only tile I can find that is lightweight is the spastic stuff.  But it is so drab.  Anyone else have any other ideas.  Also has anyone replaced the fridge with a real on?  What window did you need to take out to bring the real one into the RV?

There have been many discussions on replacing RV fridges with household models. A search using the "search" button on the menu above will reveal many of them. (Do not use the search box on the top right as it will search only the current "remodelling" section).

I've also seen some nice back splashes on this forum as well!
-Roni

I wouldn't worry about weight in a backsplash - there isn't enough of it to make much difference. Use tile, corian, or whatever you like.

You can use most any fridge that physically fits, but you will need an inverter and sufficient batteries to power it while disconnected from shore/generator power. Many new fridges are very power efficient, though, so that's not much of an issue. Whether you need to remove a window or windshield, and which one, depends on the choice of fridge and your particular coach design. Sometimes the fridge will come through the entry door after removing the fridge doors first. Probably have to remove the passenger seat as well. Careful measurement before purchasing the fridge is a must!

We just replaced our back splash with glass tile mesh squares. Used mastic to set tile andthen grout. Worked & looks great. Will post pic's.

Back
Top Bottom