08 wennebago loss engine power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freebirdladydi

I was driving and all of a sudden I lose power.  I thought it stalled out but it was still running.  it slowed me down to 1 mile a hour.  when I stopped and put it park I stepped on the gas and noticed the rpm wouldn't go above 500rpm.  does anyone know where the electrical plugs are for the gas pedal?  the plug under the dash was still plugged in so it wasn't that one.
greg

Make model year of Motorhome, and engine will be a great help, also where there any warning lights/buzzers etc on the dash display?

Knowing the model, the chassis make and the engine in this motor home is necessary before any information  can be guessed at. That said, it sounds like the engine  de-rated itself due to a problem it thought it had. It will not be as simple as the wire connection (plugs) you mentioned. If it did de-rate, you should have had a 'check engine' warning light too, and maybe some buzzers or bells. The vehicle should be checked for a trouble code by a qualified shop.

I had run across a problem with some Navistar vehicles, with electronic throttle.
The engine would not go above idle.  A quick test would be to step on the throttle
slightly when starting, the engine would then respond normally. Let go of the
throttle and again there would be no response.  As long as the throttle was not
allowed to return to idle it would run fine.  The problem was a worn pedal assembly,
not the sensor, but they're sold as a complete assembly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom