Interactive map software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagoniadave

I must confess off the bat, that I did no research whatsoever on this topic, so please forgive me if it has already been covered (and point me to the thread?)

We are wrapping up a 6 month, 11 state, once province, 5,000 plus mile trip next month. Technically we will keep going, but that is what I am calling phase 1.

I have blogged about it, but want to create an interactive map for people. I would like it to show routes, and have hyperlinks to photos, trip stories, and websites. I can probably pull it off in google maps, but it seems cumbersome. I am wondering if there is a better software out there (preferably free).

Thanks

Edit: Link in profile.

I am fairly new to the forums and this intrigued me.  Have you looked at everytrail.com?  I'm not sure you can do it without having used a gps to track your route but you could look at it to see samples.  I know you can add pictures to it but not sure about the links to sites but you could do some research on it.  You can make your track public  so others can look it up on this site.

I publish a blog of my travels and often include maps I create in Microsoft Streets and Trips - you can "print" the map in a PDF format and then convert to a jpg and then post as a photo on the blog....

Jim

I will take a look at both of those. I tried Zee Maps, but it lacked the ability to drag a route line if I did not take the most direct route

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom