Green NON-toxic RV Mattress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7.3diesel

So I'm on a quest to find a non-toxic green mattress for my RV.
I'm currently looking at the  MobilePlush Eco Green RV Mattress & the Luxury Cool-MAX Gel Foam RV Mattress II.
Does anyone have any experience or know anything at all about either of these mattresses or any non-toxic mattresses on the market out there?
This is the only article I've found on the subject.
Any and all suggestions are useful and welcome.
Thanks in advance. :)

See My answer on Th RV.net where you posted the exact same question.

Or See My answer on Escapees  Forum where you posted the exact same question.

Or See My answer on Irv2 where you posted the exact same question.

This is almost as annoying as the same question on FOUR different RV forums.

Dog Folks said:
See My answer on Th RV.net where you posted the exact same question.

Or See My answer on Escapees  Forum where you posted the exact same question.

Or See My answer on Irv2 where you posted the exact same question.

This is almost as annoying as the same question on FOUR different RV forums.

I don't get on those other forums but am also interested in the information OP requested. If you have already provided some relevant information, would you mind providing a link to one of them?

Not everyone participates in all of the various RV related message boards, so posting the same question in multiple places gets better exposure.  Of course, posting the answer on multiple boards is also useful for those that won't see it elsewhere.  Copy and paste is just a few keystrokes or mouse clicks :)

I bought a green mattress but a different type.  ;D

I bought a talay latex customized mattress from Amazon and it is heaven on earth! Because of my medical mess I bought the softest one ever, they called me to consult about it, they were worried it would be too soft, you can get them in 10 different firmness levels. I've been sleeping on mine for two years fulltime in my motorhome and it is delightful. I also use it as a day couch propped up with big pillows to make it into a lounger. I have windows on 3 sides of my bedroom so it's a super cheerful place for relaxing by day too.

If the RV is on fire, I am grabbing the mattress and making a run for it!

This mattress took away my aches and pains, I wake up so refreshed. It is so super comfy, I wish all my furniture was built out of this stuff. I also use a mattress warmer on top in the winters, well I keep it on year round, saves storing it, but I turn it on in the winter. Aahhhhhh....

Best mattress I ever owned.  :-*

I did a ton of research and liked everything I read about it being  hypoallergenic, doesn't retain hot or cold, breathable, doesn't mold or mildew, just loads of great stuff all around, covered in Bamboo. I am so tired and can't wait to go get in it, so I am cutting this short.  ;)

I am in love with this mattress, if I ever trade my RV, the mattress goes with me!

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051AQXZK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0051AQXZK&linkCode=as2&tag=motorhomeandrvstore-20&linkId=5NH5J7SHDMHNBMFO

Attachments

• Talay Latex Mattress.jpg
    Talay Latex Mattress.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
Quillback 424 said:
I don't get on those other forums but am also interested in the information OP requested. If you have already provided some relevant information, would you mind providing a link to one of them?

Sorry, no relevant information on any of the boards, in my response or about 20 others.

I have to ask: what makes a mattress "Eco" or "green"? I don't see much in those mattress ads justifying that label. The latex is "pure" and not manufactured, but it's still latex rubber. No toxic additives, but what mattress does?  Sounds like ad hype to me.

Ned said:
Not everyone participates in all of the various RV related message boards, so posting the same question in multiple places gets better exposure.  Of course, posting the answer on multiple boards is also useful for those that won't see it elsewhere.  Copy and paste is just a few keystrokes or mouse clicks :)
Exactly. Plus, irate poster above was one of the ones responsible for turning a simple friendly research question thread on another unfriendly forum into a mudslinging match that ended up getting locked because no one had any advice to give whatsoever, only post after post of criticism aimed at anyone might want and/or need a particular product with specific features. Amazing.
I'm glad that bigotry doesn't exist on this forum where we get intelligent, constructive posts like that of DearMissMermaid & grateful people who are interested in similar things like Quillback 424. I will no longer be posting at "the other" forum, I've found a home here with friendly, helpful people who give wonderful advice with great comprehensive answers and no judgement. You're a great group here, keep up the good work & community feel. :)
Another reason to post on several forums: you find the place where people actually give you real helpful advice. The responses to a post repeated verbatim across fora really give you a clear idea of the type of community harbored by various fora. Thanks to those here who prove what a real community looks like. :)

Gary RV Roamer said:
I have to ask: what makes a mattress "Eco" or "green"? I don't see much in those mattress ads justifying that label. The latex is "pure" and not manufactured, but it's still latex rubber. No toxic additives, but what mattress does?  Sounds like ad hype to me.
Many reasons: personal health (some folks have medical conditions that make them sick if they sleep on fire-retardant laced surfaces), keeping toxic gick out of landfills & other places a used mattress might end up, cleaner manufacturing process, etc.
No doubt there can be hype & marketing gimmicks, all the more reason to do research in multiple places & ask on multiple forums to get a good feel of what products out there are real & which ones are hype.
Gotta watch out for the shills on both sides though, not just the green side. I do not doubt at all there are toxic product shills trolling the forums, this may explain some of the ad hominem hostility I've gotten from my friendly personal research post on another forum.

toxic product shills trolling the forums
I think I need another glass of wine to figure that out

The original post was a valid question. I have no idea how or why this post strayed so far off topic. Frustrating for others coming along with real info or more questions.

I did research for months on mattresses! I went in stores and I read everything I could across the internet. Ironically I ended up with a mail order mattress, but I am super happy and I think it might be green, but no odors at all and the comfort was just what I needed. A third of one's life is typically spent in a bed, why not have one that suits one perfectly.

There were times when I could plunk down on anything and be fine and comfy, but what with my lifestyle and health drastically changing and the ridiculous prices some manufacturers ask for their mattresses, doing a bit of research before settling on one make sense. I don't think they can be returned, so picking out the right one up front is pretty critical.

Back
Top Bottom