Dog Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbutchin

Hi to all, new to the forum :)  We are thinking of taking our two rescues on our year long travel.  But I know what my truck smells like after just a short period of time.  How doe you deal with "dog smell" in your rv?? 

I have been traveling with a smelly dog for 4 years fulltime in my RV. Well he isn't that smelly, but he does romp around the furniture. When I close up the RV to go somewhere and come back, I often faced strange odors, but not anymore! I open my door to NOTHING, just a good clean smell.

I discovered Ozium Smoke & Odors Eliminator Gel
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XNZZ7O/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008XNZZ7O&linkCode=as2&tag=motorhomeandrvstore-20&linkId=CYUUAH7C2AV7H2KJ

It's a little pricey, but worth every penny. No funky perfume smell, just a CLEAN smell like the place is spotless. I have used the Ozium Spray, but I like the handy gel much better. The spray is a bit fussy, you have to leave while it works, but the gel you can have around all the time.

This stuff is MAGIC. It kills any odor from dirty laundry to smelly dog to smoke or cooking odors. I accidentally left the lid loose on a small bowl of minced onions in my fridge, lawdy mercy! I fixed the lid but the whole fridge stunk like onions.

I stuck the Ozium Gel in the fridge. About an hour later I went to get some iced tea and the onion smell was GONE. Poof. Couldn't smell a thing in there. I took the Gel back out and moved it to my dirty clothes hamper. Poof, it ate those odors.

I now have 3 of the gel odor eliminators. They have a slide open/close lid with holes in the top. I close them up when the windows are open, but when my RV has to be closed up for AC or heat, I open them up again and it keeps everything smelling clean and fresh without any annoying perfume odor. If someone does a smelly no-no in the bathroom, the Ozium gel will eliminate that quickly.

A relative had somebody leave a partial egg salad sandwich in their new car and it stunk up the car something dreadful and he was freaking out. I stuck a Ozium Gel in his car with the windows rolled up and later when he opened the door, he couldn't believe the foul odor was completely GONE.

One day I opened up my closet and smelled something funky, no idea what it was. But I stuck the Ozium gel in there and the odor vanished.

If you store your RV, store it with Ozium Gel. This stuff does magic.

Attachments

• ozium gel.jpg
    ozium gel.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 56
Thank you soooo much :) It's on my must buy list!!! I'll let you know how it works for stinky 1 and 2 :)

Our 35# Blue Heeler lives in our 40' fiver with us.  I can't stand "dog smell" so she gets bathed regularly.  Don't have to worry about the RV smelling. During warm weather, I use the outside shower. During cold weather, I use PetSmart grooming.

vmyoung61 said:
Our 35# Blue Heeler lives in our 40' fiver with us.  I can't stand "dog smell" so she gets bathed regularly.  Don't have to worry about the RV smelling. During warm weather, I use the outside shower. During cold weather, I use PetSmart grooming.
Some breeds don't fare well with frequent bathing. So tread carefully here.

Male dogs seem to produce far more odor than females.  Our GSD smells only after she has been swimming.

We deal with the smell the same way we did in the house - upholstery that does not absorb odors. That meant leather in the house and faux leather in the RV. It also means minimal carpeting and regularly washing bedding and throw rugs. You can steam clean fabric upholstery and carpets ll you want. They will still stink.

Back
Top Bottom