98 Lance camper..bed fit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lightray

Hi... I have a 98 Lance camper on a 98 Dodge...I want keep the camper but get a new pickup..I know that it won't fit a G M product...I was wondering if it would fit a newer Ford? Th G m pu's taper 3 inches toward the rear... my camper does not.

Might I suggest that you measure the relevant part of the camper and then visit a Ford dealer's lot and measure the box as necessary? This is probably the best way instead of waiting on someone with a similar camper to come along.

Yup, just measure.  The camper base is typically 4' wide at most to fit between wheel wells, The bed rails will be wider (in most body styles), the real issue with fit between years is typically with the cab height, not bed width. 

Thanks Stu for your timely if not helpful reply....however sense I'm blind I will try to find someone I trust to measure it for me. It could be expensive if I make a mistake!

I put my '97 Lance in my 2005 Super Duty Crew Cab when it was new. It rubbed on the roof of the cab. I'm guessing newer Ford pickups would be the same. I have a plastic bedliner and put a layer of treated 2"x6" lumber across the entire bed to fully support the floor of the camper. Raised the camper up enough to provide adequate clearance. After 9 years, I have had no issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom