EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: what is a good fulltime insurance company.  (Read 2281 times)

wmaw98

• ---
what is a good fulltime insurance company.
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:48:52 AM »
Has anyone used or is currently using Hartford Insurance through AARP for their full-time motorhome insurance?  Is there a good full-time insurance company that has reasonable rates?
Woody

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: what is a good fulltime insurance company.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 08:08:33 AM »
I used Hartford for about 3 years and their policy is an excellent one at competitive prices except for one thing: they do not offer a "full replacement value" option.  When we purchased a new motorhome I wanted to have that coverage, so switched to a policy Iobtained through Explorer RV, an in-house agency for National Interstate. Have used them for the last 4 years and am perfectly satisfied.

Last I knew, Hartford did not distinguish between full and part-time use - essentially every policy is for full time. For that reason, seasonal users may be able to save money with a company that offers the ability to suspend coverage for portions of the year.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Jackliz

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:22 AM »
Howdy, Woody.

We also use Explorer RV, an in-house agency for National Interstate to insure our Blue Bird Wanderlodge and Jeep. We USED to use USAA but switched to Explorer RV when I was able to buy more coverage for half the price I was paying to USAA. Boy, that was a shock!!

Liz
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce and Oreo the Escape Cat
Fulltiming in a 1993 Wanderlodge WB 40 ft
Dhanis, TX - Winter
Buena Vista, CO - Summer

wmaw98

• ---
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »
Thanks Gary and Liz.  I will look into Explorer RV
Woody

29er

• ---
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
JackLiz; The USAA insurance company was creamed by hurricane Andrew (and follow on hurricanes) and is not the great bargain we knew it to be. Sadly, times are a changing.
Kerry & Georgia BETH Mathews. Yes, honeymoon continues.

Hosted by Over The Network