Smoky Mountain Images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Hi everyone:

I have attached some images from the Smoky Mountains.  We had sustained winds in the park of 90 mph and gusts to 106 last week, leaving most of the roads closed for up to 36 hours.  Needless to say, it took down a lot of leaves just prior to the peak which was this past weekend.

For you serious photographers, note that these images have not been tweaked completely, so go easy on me.  Anyway, enjoy them.

Attachments

• Photo EscapesCRW_3026-01 (Small).jpg
    Photo EscapesCRW_3026-01 (Small).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Photo EscapesCRW_3207-01 (Small).jpg
    Photo EscapesCRW_3207-01 (Small).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Photo EscapesCRW_3430-01 (Small).jpg
    Photo EscapesCRW_3430-01 (Small).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Photo EscapesCRW_3537-01 copy (Small).jpg
    Photo EscapesCRW_3537-01 copy (Small).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo EscapesCRW_3637-01 (Small).jpg
    Photo EscapesCRW_3637-01 (Small).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 100
Ron from Big D said:
? ? ? For you serious photographers, note that these images have not been tweaked completely, so go easy on me.? Anyway, enjoy them.

Good stuff, Ron. I especially like the 1st and last images. You obviously continue to shoot in manual from a tripod. Some questions:

o 1st shot: Can you share the settings. Am curious as to how slow your shutter speed and corresponding aperture, and which lens you used.

o last shot: Time of day? The shadows indicate later in the day -- as do the colors.

You "are" an artist, my friend.

Bob:

I can research the settings for you if you want all the detail.  You need to shoot these water shots at atleast 1/2 second and longer.  Many of mine are shot at more than a second..  The F-stop is set mostly for the depth of field that I am looking for.  If the subject doesn't require much depth, then I allow the need for time to determine the setting.  Many are shot at 16 or more.

The last shot was shot around 2 to 3 pm.  By shooting in the raw, much can be done with the color and look of the shot.  Most of my shots on this trip have been on cloudy and rainy days, but they are adjusted to look otherwise.  The only adjustments made have been with the RAW converter and no final tweaking yet in Photoshop.  Many will not need anything other than a little sharpening, which has not been done.

Ron

Great shots as usual.  We miss you at the Motosat Rally.

Ron:

Excellent data to support my continuing opinion that East coast mountains are more beautiful then Western mountains.  I don't like looking at rocky bluffs.  ;D

Bob:

The settings for the first picture were :

CANON EOS Digital Rebel
3.2 sec
F/22
ISO-100
Average metering
no flash
10/10/2006 at 4:19pm

Your favorites were mine also.

Great pictures, especially of the water.  My only question was answered as to what type of camera. 
Cheryl

Bob:

Here is the info on the 5 shots.

1.  3.2 sec at f/22 & ISO 100
      2.  1/2 sec at f/22 & ISO 100
      3.  6 sec at f/29 & ISO 100
      4.  1/4 sec at f/13 & ISO 100
      5.  1/13 sec at f/29 & ISO 200 and was shot at 10:20 am.  Not in the pm afterall.

Back
Top Bottom