Gate Guards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Usnietos

Hi Folks trying to help those of you interested in working as gate guards...This Company is trying to fill 15 gates within the next few days to start on Monday October 6th.  This is remote site positions requires that you have partner and RV that you will live in.  Company pays 150.00 per couple I think a little more but never less and as with all companys they take care of your water, sewer, power etc.  Please email me at [email protected] or respond here with a way to contact you immediately with all the details and will also do a preliminary interview.  I dont want to waste folks time so if your interested you will need.  RV and be able to pass drug test as well as no "violent" criminal backgroundg.  It can all sound complicated and you might get confused at the paperwork so honestly its best to contact me and talk...this reading and writing thing makes me nuts.  It's why myself and my husband waited so long to get into Gate Guarding all gate guard companies say pretty much the same thing but it can cause you to feel a little overwhelmed and the waiting sort of makes us crazy.  So here it is folks It is an immediate need.  Thanks

So Sorry Locations for these site are Carrizo Springs, TX,  Catarina, Texas, Cotulla, TX

Im sorry folks I will not say what company this is.  I will however say it is a very good company they have been in the buisness a very long tme are very reputable and came highly recommended. I have checked them out throughly before we signed on with them as we have just left a company that I was told my many was a very good company to work for.  I found out the hard way that they were not and we in fact could have lost our liscense due to thier neglect.  Not taking any chances I have spent years doing research on these gate guard companys the ins outs dos and donts etc.  I am only help to find guards for this company due to that this particular company has gone far beyound what would be expected to help us out when we were in such a mess with our prior company. 
Because of the time constraints on these positions sort of trying to avoid putting them out there for hundreds of fishers calling and wasting thier time.  It is why I asked to be contacted first for preliminary questions and answers.  Thanks

No not getting paid, because "I" am not hiring. This gate guard company is hiring not "I".  We are gate guards that had such bad luck with a couple of companies...so honestly Ive read so many people wanting to do this and many have no idea where to start.  Also many find that getting gates at this time of the year is very difficult and it actually is so I think they sort of give up and stop looking to come down to this area during the winter months. As I said Im just doing a favor for this company and trying to help them fill thier gates, might help others that want to work now get their feet wet.  Nothing else thats pretty much it.

This company has offered to pay me for the leads if I find folks for them however I declined.  I think its wrong that every little good thing we do in life needs to be monitarily compensated.  Just dont feel it, I myself just do things simply because I can. Doesnt have to be more complicated than "because we can" & "because we care".

Too bad the gate guard companies are too cheap to advertise on Andy's site, and count on people like yourself getting free advertising for them.

Paul

OMG Really?  This is why your wasting my time to Advertise for Randy...I have no clue who or what Randys site is. This is a person that has a jobs that needs help finding worker it was a spur of the moment thing for them, thats it.  I offered to help so here I am but now your wasteing my time complaining about people not paying "Andy" thats just sad.

I admire the way you pretend not to know Andy, by purposely calling him Randy.  :)

I am not wasting your time, as every time I post, it bumps this string back to the top.

Paul

Paul & Ann said:
I admire the way you pretend not to know Andy, by purposely calling him Randy.  :)

I am not wasting your time, as every time I post, it bumps this string back to the top.

Paul

What??????  I am not a household name????  :p  'Sup with that Paul? 

I appreciate you jumping in and putting in a good word for me but it is a fruitless endeavor.

OP, is that $150.00 per day, for 2 people?  For how many hours per day?  And how many days per week, please?

Georgia in Alabama

Bubba Lu said:
OP, is that $150.00 per day, for 2 people?  For how many hours per day?  And how many days per week, please?

Georgia in Alabama

These jobs are 24/7, and not for the faint of heart. You need two people so you get some sleep. You have no life but you can shovel money into bank because of low personal overhead.

Bill

My wife and I decided we wanted to go on an Alaska cruise, but our budget was short. So, we applied for and got a oil field gate guard job that was to pay $150/day.

I would consider both of us as average or above when it comes to the "tough" department. We lasted 10 days and wimped out. The heat, dust, hours and lack of sleep finally got to us. Neither of us could get any sleep with a 3 cylinder diesel generator running 20 feet away and semi trucks driving by the bedroom window less then 20 feet away. We worked 12 hour shifts each. One of us had to be up and awake at all times. The whole ten days I might have had 3 hours of uninteruppted sleep. And my wife. less. We were like zombies after the first 3 days.

I am not going to say that it is an impossible job, because there are a lot of people doing it. I will say that a person really needs to consider all things before taking this job.

I did learn some lessons. I appreciate all the workamping jobs that I have had before. And, if on my next job, I have to wrestle three twelve foot long starving alligators while standing neck deep in human excrement and wearing a barbed wire jockey strap, I can say, "Well, this ain't too bad. I ain't an oil field gate guard in Texas."

It is tough at first, as any new job is. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy peasy. Or not. Do your research, go in fully informed.

Bill

So the first email was sent 30-sep-2014 to start 6-oct-2014.

Must have been a big demand for guards!

I would rate the "unknown" company and those associated with it an "L".

"L" for "LOSER".  My opinion but still "LOSER"!

Just my $0.02.

75sling

Okay, little off topic but have a question for you GG in Cotulla/Carrizo area. Whom do you all use for taxes? Needs be a CPA who understands "self employed" tax law, not one of the "companies" like Tax Wise,H.R.Block, etc who use "temp" tax help. We had a guy but after he messed around last year, am looking for a new "guy". Thanks

Back
Top Bottom