September photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I had a great month of September. I got to go to see Jane Woodall and a Tampa Bay Rays/White Sox baseball game along with many trips to theme parks. My favorite shot this month is the flag display. I don't know what that was all about. They were located on the lawn in front of Valencia College in Kissimmee. The link is in my signature.

My favorite this month  ... you didn't even have to guess, did you ... is the Jaws alligator.  He/she looks so whimsical.  A close favorite is the Sox broken bat shot.  Really, though, there are just so many nice ones this month.  Hard to choose.

Margi

SeilerBird said:
Thank you Margi. I am lucky to be living in such a beautiful photographic state. ;D

I think we, the whole RVforum, are lucky you're living in such a beautiful photographic state.  :)  Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

It's a tough choice, Tom. The Flock of (toy) Flamingos, the cougar, the egret and the pair of budgies vie for top honors, while the budgie eating and the wood stork are close behind, followed by the two alligator shots and the tiger.

Oh, Tom, there are too many good ones to decide!  It's an interesting month with three or four really different types of photos.  As usual your critters are spectacular.  But I'm finding some of the theme park photos great fun too.

ArdraF

I liked the Rays-White Sox baseball game picture of the broken bat.  I thought it looked kind of like a corked bat that Jordan Danks (White Sox centerfielder) was using in that picture.  Notice how the end of the bat looks a little funny, like it may have been corked.  Sammy Sosa was caught with a corked bat in 2003 and was suspended for 8 games.  I wonder if the umpire inspected the broken bat pieces when this happened, or don't they check for that very often any more?

I also liked the clearness of the picture of the Tropicana sign out in right field at the ball game.  And I was impressed with the shutter speed of 1/1900 of a second in the 'real' flamingos picture.  Wow!  And the stadium panorama was interesting.  Looks like that Fuji is a nice new camera Tom, very nice pictures as usual.

Thanks Rolf for your kind words. I am madly in love with this camera. I think it is sharpest out at 1200mm.

I don't think they check for a corked bat unless a manager asks for it. I don't know if the ump checked the bat on that shot because I was shooting bursts and I didn't know I had photographed a broken bat until I saw the images on my computer.

And thanks John.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom