our fall trip in Southern Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

we left last Friday after work and spent the first night at the Greenwood, IN. Camping World. it was nice- a 50 amp plug and it was free.
we then drove to Charlestown SP for 2 nights, did a lot of hiking and also went to Falls of the Ohio SP to walk around.
Charlestown is a nice park with lots of full hook ups, great hiking and on the Ohio River. we drove over to the Louisville Zoo- very nice zoo, took about 4 hours to go through.
from there we went to Clifty Fall SP for 2 more nights, we did lots of hiking, from the ridge to the creek and back up. I think we did 15 miles in the 2 days we were there. lots to see and do with a really nice inn. went to Madison for lunch and ice cream.
tonight we are at Hardy Lake for one night, then its off to Starve Hollow for 2 more nights. the hiking here is nice but only a few miles and we did that after we arrived.
so far the parks have been less than 45 minutes apart and well worth going to.
thanks
Steve

thanks- we are at Starve Hollow SRA. nice campground. lots of full hook up sites. we have an electric site with a nice view of the lake. more great hiking. while checking in a lady came in and was very worried because someone was on their site and her husband had to get back to work. the DNR explained the 2pm check out- it was noon. they were camping with friends so the DNR said to park in their site. I asked what kind of camper they had - it was a popup, I said park in your friends and I will move it when the person leaves your site. I did and that evening she brought over a bottle of wine- way too nice of her. now we have some new friends.

Back
Top Bottom