Annual passes to the theme parks around Orlando

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have been living in the Orlando area now for a year and a half and one of the big reasons I settled here is due to the high concentration of fun places to visit in this state. I have bought myself a nice collection of Annual Passes to all the theme parks in the area. I have a Walt Disney World pass which is good for all four of their parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. I have a pass for Universal Studios that includes both parks, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I got a pass for Sea World and Busch Gardens, a pass for both Legoland Parks (one is a water park), a pass for Gatorland and one for the Kennedy Space Center. That is a total of 12 different parks for a whole year. They cost around $1200, which means an average of $100 per park or less than $25 a week.

So every morning I get up and head to one of my parks and spend the morning. The main reason for this is to give me cool places to walk and exercise, and cool things to photograph. I am basically feeding both my addictions, photography and hiking.

I usually stay until around noon time. Since once the afternoon sets in the weather gets hotter, the crowds get thicker and the chance of rain dramatically increases. Lately I have been visiting Disney on a predictable basis. Hollywood Studios on Monday, Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, Wednesday is 'anything can happen day', Thursday I go to Epcot, Friday I head to Animal Kingdom and Saturday I usually do Gatorland. Sunday is a day to watch football so I go nowhere.

Disney allows three FastPass+ selections each day so I always get to ride my favorite rides every time I visit. I think I have died and gone to heaven because every day I am riding a roller coaster. If anyone has any questions about any of these parks fire away.

That is so cool!!! Your life is the envy of every kid out there (and some of us adults too)!

-Roni

Seems like a great use of funds and time.  Hope you can continue it for a long time.

I'm thinking it might cost less to do that then what we paid for 2 day passes.

What would it be for a senior and is anything off for a disabled adult? 

I would like to do that for Disney and Universal, we wouldn't buy till January.

PatrioticStabilist said:
I'm thinking it might cost less to do that then what we paid for 2 day passes.

What would it be for a senior and is anything off for a disabled adult? 

I would like to do that for Disney and Universal, we wouldn't buy till January.
There are no senior or disabled discounts for either WDW or UFO except Florida residents passes. A one day pass is about $100 so it is worth the money. There are two Disney annual passes for residents. One is about $300 and has about half the days blocked out and does not include parking. The other one for $500 has no blackouts and paid parking. Since parking is $17 per day you need to figure if you are going to go more than once a month. if you are going more than once a month then the $500 makes more sense.

SeilerBird said:
There are no senior or disabled discounts for either WDW or UFO except Florida residents passes. A one day pass is about $100 so it is worth the money. There are two Disney annual passes for residents. One is about $300 and has about half the days blocked out and does not include parking. The other one for $500 has no blackouts and paid parking. Since parking is $17 per day you need to figure if you are going to go more than once a month. if you are going more than once a month then the $500 makes more sense.
Five years ago, when I finally REALLY retired (from my post retirement job), I wondered how I would fill my days (lol), I bought a WDW Annual Pass.  Because I live about an hour (+/-) from WDW, it became something I would do 1-2 times a month, and more often if my kids, or friends were in town, and wanted to go to the parks.  It was a great time, and the Fl. resident pass was less expensive them.  As I recall, I paid somewhere around $400 for the super deluxe pass without blackout periods, and included parking.  It was a great day trip, and a great way to spend time, that would have otherwise been spent in bars, chasing loose women!

We have been going to Disney for many a year, not every year of course and it just keeps rising.  But my daughter still
enjoys it so we will go. I guess the type of pass will depend on whether we stay in the Orlando area or just pass through,
I am wanting to go further south.  The day pass sounds like what I will get as not sure where we will stay from Jan 1 to Mar 31st.
Woodsmoke is out, its full, I'm checking on Swan Lake around Ft Meyers.  I saw another but I'm sure its full only 60 sites
on the Gulf Coast and only $2300 a month, now that's a bit rich for my blood, it was ocean front.

There's a lot of parks and we will find a place, just need to keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom