RV community needs a revolution?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At night, I climb into bed in my 98% perfect RV and reflect on what a great day it was.

My wife isn't perfect either, but I love her and wouldn't want to live without her! And I certainly wouldn't want a law determining what she must do or not do.

"Forming and expressing an opinion that essentially denigrates a large number of forum members for their opinion is one way to alienate others. "
Funny, it is ok for other forum members to do just that...denigrate someone, even one member, for their opinion. Tom, maybe, you have read too many posts.

I don't intentionally offend anyone. But there are some people who are so defensive, that merely disagreeing with them sends them throwing their toys about...they need to be surrounded by Yes, Yes, yes. That is their problem, not mine.

RodgerS said:
I don't intentionally offend anyone. But there are some people who are so defensive, that merely disagreeing with them sends them throwing their toys about...they need to be surrounded by Yes, Yes, yes. That is their problem, not mine.

Speaking for myself I have not been offended by anything you've written, I can't comment for others. Hopefully you haven't taken offense by my postings. I simply disagree with you...to the Nth degree.

If I offended you in my postings, then know it was never my intent to insult, as my only intent was to share my opinions in a hotly debated topic.

If you insist that everything in life must be perfect,..... you will likely just live and die a dissatisfied, unhappy person.

I deal with the things that go wrong in my life, ( some can be fixed, others can't ).......... I focus on, and enjoy the things that are right in my life.

it probably sounds strange for some of you guys,.....but even with all the things that go wrong with my motorhome (and life)  .....I still enjoy it.

Oscar Mike said:
I was told by a Service Manager that it is less expensive to fix "reported problems" than to implement strict quality control at the factory. How many do-it-yourself types just fix all those minor problems themselves?

I hope this prints out... That is crazy thinking... Minor problems turn into major oversights... The whole world of dentistry and medicine changed when we finally stopped "fixing reported problems" and had a paradigm shift to think and act preventively instead. It certainly seemed to cost more and make less initially ; however, it was the exact correct path to take and as a result people go to the dr. And dentist more regularly for preventive check ups to catch things while they are MINOR! Perhaps this industry and all industries could take that into consideration as well.

Oscar Mike said:
Speaking for myself I have not been offended by anything you've written, I can't comment for others. Hopefully you haven't taken offense by my postings. I simply disagree with you...to the Nth degree.

If I offended you in my postings, then know it was never my intent to insult, as my only intent was to share my opinions in a hotly debated topic.

Ok, I would like to just this , it seems apples and oranges are going on here. Rodger is commenting on quality control and his frustration over the lack of accountability at the manufacturing level and was trying to encourage people to speak up. Somehow, and I am just using Oscar as an example, this became translated into a debate @ the whole RV lifestyle and complaining and how wonderful and the whole philosophy of life! Wow! It has been amazing to read! So , it's like the child's game telephone, you just "hear" what the person says in your ear, and each time it becomes a little more distorted, and boy, was this an example of our humanity! Ok, let's just all say we like rv'ing, there ARE some quality control issues, and hopefully if everybody encourages everyone involved at the parts , service, dealership level to give their best, who knows? You may get a paradigm shift some day! It could happen ! Our world is changing every day and the decades to come may call for more motorhomes living, so ok, alrighty then!

Edit: Added missing Close Quote tag. -LS

Peaceful journey said:
I hope this prints out... That is crazy thinking... Minor problems turn into major oversights... The whole world of dentistry and medicine changed when we finally stopped "fixing reported problems" and had a paradigm shift to think and act preventively instead. It certainly seemed to cost more and make less initially ; however, it was the exact correct path to take and as a result people go to the dr. And dentist more regularly for preventive check ups to catch things while they are MINOR! Perhaps this industry and all industries could take that into consideration as well.

Are you comparing the manufacturer of RV's with the health care industry?  Yes I know, it's not an industry.  It is however a $3 trillion business.  That's trillion, not billion.  I'm not sure what the comparable number was in 1970, but according to the federal government Consumer expenditures for private health insurance in 1970 totaled $17.2 billion  I hope the mind boggling increase in health care cost is not the result of that paradigm shift.  But clearly, things began to change after 1970.  And from my simple perspective, not for the better. 

In 1970 healthcare didn't need discussions, debates and legislation , it was just there.

And then the greed pandemic hit.

LOL. Our dentist charges about like an RV tech - a couple hundred $$ for 15 minutes of work and he always has some extra service/repair that I really should not try to do without.  His office staff is friendlier, though.

Gary RV Roamer said:
LOL. Our dentist charges about like an RV tech - a couple hundred $$ for 15 minutes of work and he always has some extra service/repair that I really should not try to do without.  His office staff is friendlier, though.
Hey, somebody has to help pay the tuition for his kids to go through dental school!  ........lol

send the kids to law school, ........attorneys typically get $400 an hour for their services.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom