1990 Fleetwood Southwind fan clutch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvsletch

Hi all. I'm a new RVer with a 1990 Southwind P30 in good shape. The fan clutch is frozen and needs to be replaced. Please tell me there is a button to push that lifts the RV off of the chassis!  Or do I have to remove the condenser and radiator to get to it? Or is there another way I'm not seeing. I can't get to it from the access lid inside the RV.  Thanks for your help in advance.

I did my water pump and fan clutch from on top of engine, '93 P30 Bounder. Difficult but doable some of it will be done blind by feel. Turned out my radiator needed to be recored anyway. Not a fun job, save a boatload of money if you can do it yourself.

Bill

I also did one from the top on Itasca a few years ago. Very trying but can be done. Just a tip, take the fan blade off before you remove the clutch from the water pump, as it won't come out together.  Take the air cleaner off and the stud that holds it on, then use an old blanket on top of the engine, to lay on. O'Reillys will have it in stock most likely. These things aren't any fun to work on the front of the engine. Make sure you don't bend the throttle linkage when laying on the engine, been there and done that.

OK, I'll have to look again, but I'm not sure I can even reach the fan from the inside access lid, let alone be able to get to the bolts.  This should be real fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom