2013 Itasca Reyo water system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskagator

According to the owners manual, when the water tank is filled via the gravity fill port it will overflow thru the fill port. When I fill mine, it overflows under the bottom of the coach and not the fill port - then driving a few miles dumps half of the water and the tank reads 1/2. I have plugged the overfill hose that projects out the bottom of the tank and that changes nothing. I have tried to determine if the fill hose is loose or has some sort of puncture but can't get access. Any suggestions. Also, when my black tank is empty it reads empty but as it fills, the first reading is 2/3 not 1/3. Is there a way to troubleshoot this? Thanks for any help.

There's probably a vent tube that is acting as an overflow and, when it overflows via that route, it starts a siphon. Try to avoid over-filling.

Tank sensors on black tanks are notoriously unreliable/inaccurate. This is usually caused by build-up of crud (T.P.) on the sensors. Some folks install a tank flusher and use it regularly to "scrub" the crud off. Some install sensors mounted exterior to the tank,while others, myself included, just put up with it.
Edit: Typos.

There are usually 2 hoses off of the fresh tank, an overflow hose, and a drain tube. You may have plugged the drain tube (which usually has a valve in it somewhere).  In that case what Tom indicated with the vent tube is siphoning your tank. I had that happen to me on a previous rig.  I added another on/off valve to the vent tube.  While filling I would turn off the vent tube (the tank still vents through the fill tube) and after reaching my destination I opened the vent tube allowing the fresh water to work normally without losing half my fresh water in route.

Thanks guys. I will try to get access to the vent tube and install a valve. By the way, our black tank sensors are the external type so I don't think that tp is the problem - am currently trying the ice cube cure. Have gotten some info from Winnebago so will go from there. We are currently snowbirding in Fla. but would like to get everything working before returning to above the Arctic Circle in Alaska again next summer. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom