3 plates screwed together mounted behind hot water heater. what is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amy and Randy

These plates are mounted on the bottom of the chassis behind hot water heater compartment.  All three pieces were rusted pretty bad and there seems to be a gasket between two of the pieces but it was pretty much crystallized.  I can not seem to locate the name of these pieces so I can order the gasket.  Is this a heat shield?

Also, the door awning will not extend (patio awning works fine).  Is this usually a fuss, if so, which one?

Appreciate the help. 

Don't know about plates at water heater but door awning could be a broken pin we replaced ours on 05 meridian a couple years ago good diy job
Good luck

If you can make a picture of the end of the gasket, Winnebago or Lichtsinn can probably give you a part number.  In the parts side of the factory service customer lounge is a board with maybe six or eight samples of various gaskets (or seals as Winnie calls them) with their part numbers.

The "plates" sounds like an access hole for servicing the water heater.

On the door awning, ours quit due to water in the motor. Dealer dried motor out and drilled a hole in the bottom of the case to let water out. It is still working 10 years later. If it sat w/water in it the motor could be rusted or dead.

What happens when you try to extend the door awning?

If you don't hear anything it's probably electrical, including the common 'water in the motor' gremlin.  Other things to check are the fuse and connections - including the switch you use to deploy it.  If you use a wireless fob check it's batteries, and try the hard wired switch.

If you hear a clicking noise it might be just the latches sticking.  Sometimes I have to reach up and nudge mine a little bit to get it to deploy.  (a practice otherwise knows as percussive maintenance)

Back
Top Bottom