Yellow Flame at tip of oven Thermocouple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pnedelen

My Suburban oven has just developed a yellow flame at the tip of the thermocouple(pilot light). The rest of the pilot light flame is blue.  There is also a yellow flame that is now encircling the main flame tube next to the thermocouple. The main flame tube as a blue flame with just a little yellow at the tip of the flame. The propane tanks are full, so that is not the issue.    Any ideas would be appreciated ! 

That would indicate a very slight change in air/fuel ratio. Maybe a slight drop in LP pressure, or perhaps you are just at higher altitude?

If you just filled the propane tank, it might even be a small change in the blend of the LP, e.g. more or less butane in the mix. There is no single formula or blend for LP gas and none of it is 100% propane.

I was having all kinds of problems after filling my tanks, the furnace wouldn't stay lit and colored flames on the stove. I ran my hot water heater and after a few showers and the use of some gas everything started to work. I wonder if the tanks were too full ! I'm really not sure what I did but sure am glad for all the help I've gotten on here. Good luck, Roy

More likely some air in the LP lines, or maybe the tanks weren't fully purged of air before filling. Air can get into a LP tank if the valve is left open after emptying, and it should be purged again if that happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom