rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: 2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A  (Read 1967 times)


  • Posts: 2
2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A
« on: October 16, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
I am very new to this and have only camped a few times at campgrounds that have water. I am camping in about 2 weeks where there is no water available. The owners manual tells me to turn a valve from normal to fill in order to fill up the fresh water tank. It says the valve is in the utility compartment. Sadly, it does not tell a dummy like me where exactly that utility compartment with the valve is. Where to I find this valve to fill the fresh water tank?

Rene T

  • Forum Staff
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 15023
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: 2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:09:48 PM »
Hook up your water hose and pressurize it. Then go in every compartment and if you see a valve, turn it counterclockwise. Most RV vales will open or close with 1/4 turn. If you here a loud surge of water, chances are you've found it. If you rotate a valve and nothing happens, rotate it back to the same position it was originally in. 

It would help if you tell us what you have for a camper. Someone here may have the exact same RV. We need brand, model and year.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:14:09 PM by Rene T »
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL


  • Former Staff
  • ---
  • Posts: 25127
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: 2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »
I split your post into a new topic as it will get better exposure than just adding on to an existing topic.

The utility compartment is where you would hook up the fresh water hose, electric power cord, and probably the sewer hose.  The fresh water fill valve
should be marked and will probably be a lever style valve.  If no one else has a 2001 Terra, post a picture of that compartment and we'll point out the valve.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Gary RV_Wizard

  • Forum Staff
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 69957
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: 2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »
Very likely quite close to the city water inlet, where the hose connects.
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL


  • Posts: 2
Re: 2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »
My Bad...it is a 2003 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A

Even the owners manual says the bypass valve is in the utltity compartment but nowhere does it tell you where that is. The fresh water hose connection is on the outside and not in any compartment. Same for the sewage connections (black and gray) they are underneath and not in a compartment. I have not verified yet but I lifted up the bed platform as far as I could  as that is where the water pump is located. I did see a white T handle PVC valve there. I could not see any label but I will have to get a 2 x 4 to hold up the platform while I get inside for a better look. I will get and post some pictures as well. Thanks!