2001 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmunsey

I am very new to this and have only camped a few times at campgrounds that have water. I am camping in about 2 weeks where there is no water available. The owners manual tells me to turn a valve from normal to fill in order to fill up the fresh water tank. It says the valve is in the utility compartment. Sadly, it does not tell a dummy like me where exactly that utility compartment with the valve is. Where to I find this valve to fill the fresh water tank?

Hook up your water hose and pressurize it. Then go in every compartment and if you see a valve, turn it counterclockwise. Most RV vales will open or close with 1/4 turn. If you here a loud surge of water, chances are you've found it. If you rotate a valve and nothing happens, rotate it back to the same position it was originally in. 

It would help if you tell us what you have for a camper. Someone here may have the exact same RV. We need brand, model and year.

I split your post into a new topic as it will get better exposure than just adding on to an existing topic.

The utility compartment is where you would hook up the fresh water hose, electric power cord, and probably the sewer hose.  The fresh water fill valve
should be marked and will probably be a lever style valve.  If no one else has a 2001 Terra, post a picture of that compartment and we'll point out the valve.

My Bad...it is a 2003 Fleetwood Terra 31' Class A

Even the owners manual says the bypass valve is in the utltity compartment but nowhere does it tell you where that is. The fresh water hose connection is on the outside and not in any compartment. Same for the sewage connections (black and gray) they are underneath and not in a compartment. I have not verified yet but I lifted up the bed platform as far as I could  as that is where the water pump is located. I did see a white T handle PVC valve there. I could not see any label but I will have to get a 2 x 4 to hold up the platform while I get inside for a better look. I will get and post some pictures as well. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom