Any suggestions on where to stay around Tucson Az. ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

Would like to spend this winter near Tucson,,,, any suggestions ?

We stayed at Prince of Tucson  http://www.princeoftucsonrvpark.com/  while it is a nice looking clean park, our experience was not pleasant as the camp host, that evening we arrived seemed to have an attitude problem.  Not sure about what, but our first impression was not good. 

We arrived at dusk and a little after the office closed.  We were only there overnight en route to Yuma.

Can recommend Desert Trails RV park, reasonable , hot tub, pool lots of activities and great people, South of town a few miles , nice and quite  reasonableVery helpful staff
www.deserttrailsrvpark.com
say hi from Howard Kelly

There are dozens of RV parks in the Tucson area.  Do you have a preference for a side of town and what amenities are you interested in?  The parks vary from bare bones camping sites to full blown resorts, with corresponding prices.

Don't really have a plan Ned,  just want to explore the area and stay for at least 2 months.

Ned said:
There are dozens of RV parks in the Tucson area.  Do you have a preference for a side of town and what amenities are you interested in?  The parks vary from bare bones camping sites to full blown resorts, with corresponding prices.

We're looking for a more resort-type of park in Tucson, Phoenix area or Yuma where we can make friends, exercise, swim, walk, bike, paint and do some small wood working projects. Would be great if it was within easy walking distance of shopping, restaurants, etc.

I will second Voyager RV Resort, my brother owned a park model there and we visited, very nice.  Dick nvrver

nvrver said:
I will second Voyager RV Resort, my brother owned a park model there and we visited, very nice.  Dick nvrver

What did you like about Voyager. Is it a good place for motorhomes as well as for park model owners?

Peteyboy said:
Don't really have a plan Ned,  just want to explore the area and stay for at least 2 months.

Then just about any of the better parks would work for you.  While Voyager is nice, it's a bit far out of town on the east side.  Mission View RV Resort is on the south west side, close to I-19 and an easy drive to places like the Pima Air and Space Museum and downtown Tucson.

Thanks to all for taking time to reply. This gives us a direction.

We really like the Escapees park in Benson, 40 miles east  of Tucson. Before you commit to a full season at a park, here's a coupon to try the Escapee's SKP Saguaro Park for a week for only $50. There rates are quite reasonable and there's lots of activities. If you try the SKP park stop by and say HI. We are on site 291.

http://www.skpsaguaro.org/skp-saguaro-specials.html

Beware of the trains in Benson , 4 or 5 a night and each sound their whistles about 4 times going through town. Drove me crazy  lol

I made an error, first one this year.  The one my brother had a park model at was Far Horizons Tucson Village.  It has nice RV spaces also.  We have never stayed in our RV there, but have walked and driven around the resort and all looks good.  The activities kept brother & his wife very busy.  Dick

Foxysdad said:
Beware of the trains in Benson , 4 or 5 a night and each sound their whistles about 4 times going through town. Drove me crazy  lol

The Escapees park is on the road to Tombstone.  You can hear the whistles in the distance.  I should mention that we like train whistles.

Jeannine

Foxysdad said:
Trains are not on my list of favorite things, but another is a drag strip.  Camped near one in Alabama without knowing it was there.  When the first cars with open pipes took off I knew it was gonna be a long night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom