Another I-Phone and virus question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

I have a I-phone 5, have not upgraded to IOS8 yet, running 7.1.2

I received a Messenger message from a friend, and answered it, a couple of times before I realized something was wrong. I since found out that her Facebook account had been hacked and it was not her sending the message. I even friended her as per her request even though I thought we was already friends.

Could anything get loaded on my phone such as a virus. I stopped the messages and deleted messenger to get rid of the messages on my phone.

I guess I'm just curious now. Nothing bad has happened yet. Any thoughts

Don't think you have anything to worry about, but your FaceBook friends (and maybe the friends of the friend you thought you were responding to).

Un-friend the friend.  Both of them if you can't tell the difference.

THEY are the one needing protection at this point.

A few thoughts.

Most of the viruses out there are actually fairly benign,, That said they still cost the US billions a year and I think the Digital Terrorists who write them should be housed with the folks from ISIS and the Talaban and the other gorilla type terrorists.  But that is my opinion, yes it is harsh but the crime is serious.

However APPLY spent a lot of money yammering about how their systems were immune to all these viruses.

SO naturally the hackers (Some of them) took that as a challange.. and they are the nasty ones who really mess up your system.

BruceinFL said:
Stay away from Facebook...far, far away.

Don't want to, lots of my younger family members, that's one of the few ways I can keep up with what they're up too

Back
Top Bottom