Just got a 2015 View profile 24G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well it is still in the shop...
With any luck I'll have it back in a month....
By the time I use it for the first time I'll have made 2 payments...

Don lmsele said:
well it is still in the shop...
With any luck I'll have it back in a month....
By the time I use it for the first time I'll have made 2 payments...

When I bought my first motor home, a 2010 Fleetwood Bounder 33U, it sat in the dealers lot for a full four months out of the first twelve months I owned it. After I got all the bugs worked out it was a nice coach...then I sold it.  :eek:

Don lmsele said:
Just got a 2015 View profile 24G
I will let you know how it goes.

NEW RULE!  :mad:  Pictures must accompany the announcement!  ;D  Congrats and keep us posted about your experience.

Thanks John!!
I will be happy to post them as soon as I get my unit back :'(  :'(

Pardon if I am creating unnecessary chatter on the blog subject.
I may not know all the right buttons.

I managed to snap this photo in Ohio on my way to FL.
50 miles into the trip the check engine light came on.
I Took the unit to Mercedes in Sanford Florida. It turned out to be a exhaust temperature sensor had failed.

The unit is currently at Gen. RV in Jacksonville Florida.
The two remaining issues are an intermittent antenna connection for the satellite radio and cosmetic damage on the rear cargo access door.

I say cosmetic damage but it is pretty significant since one of the guy wires was ripped from the frame.
I did not see this at the dealership because I believe the inspection area was marginally lit and besides I was in a hurry to get home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 137
Don lmsele said:
Pardon if I am creating unnecessary chatter on the blog subject.
I may not know all the right buttons.

I managed to snap this photo in Ohio on my way to FL.
50 miles into the trip the check engine light came on.
I Took the unit to Mercedes in Sanford Florida. It turned out to be a exhaust temperature sensor had failed.

The unit is currently at Gen. RV in Jacksonville Florida.
The two remaining issues are an intermittent antenna connection for the satellite radio and cosmetic damage on the rear cargo access door.

I say cosmetic damage but it is pretty significant since one of the guy wires was ripped from the frame.
I did not see this at the dealership because I believe the inspection area was marginally lit and besides I was in a hurry to get home.

I know a couple of folks with the Winnebago View and they love it. I am really sorry that you're having to go through all the extra nonsense, but in the end it's all a memory that is wiped away with the first sunset as you enjoy your coach. Good luck, and BTW, it is a nice looking coach, Congratulations!

Hello All,
I have a few more pictures of the Winnebago View Profile but they are all high res so I have to reduce the size before I post.

We are long time RV owners and there is RV in my blood from my dad. He was Family Motor Coach Association 933 on a 70's era Winnebago Chieftain and before that a 50's era Marmon Herrington transit conversion.

My Wife Mary and I have a 2003 garage kept Rialta we hope to sell soon. We just got finished detailing it and hopefully have a buyer coming to see it today.

I have spent more than a few hours correcting Winnebago's "shortcomings" in a few areas over the years. But I admit after the bugs are worked out we have not had any need for coach repairs.

I have a solution for short coach battery life and I can keep deep cycle batteries running strong for 4-5 years even with heavy use.

The new View Profile 24G has the same wiring method as the Rialta so it will have the same short battery life problem. I will use the same fix in the View when I get it back.

Well the View is still in the shop.

Problems:

Sirius XM antenna has an intermittent short.

Rear Cargo Door was damaged (and I did not see it during checkout doggonit!!!)

My service advisor has proper training.
Rule #1: Do not act as if the customer is crazy if that customer describes a problem that sound ludicrous.

I told my service advisor that the Sirius XM radio only works during the day when the sun is shining on the RV.
That sounds incredible even to me however it is the truth and I know why it is so.
My service advisor kept a straight face in front of me and wrote down my complaint in his service log.

After about 10 days with no technician able to duplicate the problem my service advisor stayed late after normal working hours and sure enough after the sun went down the Sirius radio stopped working and the "CHECK ANTENNA" message popped up on the touch screen.

"EUREKA!!" - he's not crazy after all!!

So finally my rig is going into the repair shop to have someone replace the antenna!!

So Since October 10, 2014 when I bought the rig I have camped in it "FOR ZERO DAYS"

Now I am told that Winnebago has to approve the repair of the rear cargo door.
I am also told that it will take 30 days to get the part and another 30 days to "schedule me into the body shop"

So I am expected to believe that I will not have my RV repaired until January 2015!!

I am beginning to believe these people don't like me or that I have really bad karma.

Opinions anyone?

It sounds like the door was damaged on the dealer lot, why would they need Winnebago approval to fix it?. Why don't you use it and take it back for the repair?

Hi John,
The repair center is 140 miles from my home.
They have not offered to comp me in any way for fuel.
I drove onto the dealership lot with the tank near empty.
I don't think that they will even notice.

At least Mercedes-Benz completely washed the exterior after they repaired the emissions control.
Too bad RV dealerships don't offer a loaner like auto dealerships do.

Besides, I am really upset that a brand new unit was not carefully inspected by the dealer.

They need to be put on notice that a bad experience will affect their bottom line.

Maybe they are watching this blog?
(but I tend to doubt that)

Don lmsele said:
Hi John,
The repair center is 140 miles from my home.
They have not offered to comp me in any way for fuel.
I drove onto the dealership lot with the tank near empty.
I don't think that they will even notice.

At least Mercedes-Benz completely washed the exterior after they repaired the emissions control.
Too bad RV dealerships don't offer a loaner like auto dealerships do.

Besides, I am really upset that a brand new unit was not carefully inspected by the dealer.

They need to be put on notice that a bad experience will affect their bottom line.

Maybe they are watching this blog?
(but I tend to doubt that)

Don, The sad fact is, the dealer does not give a hoot unless you're the squeakiest wheel on the cart. How many letters have you written to the management? Have you sent any demand letters? Conversations don't mean a thing in cases like yours, and what I experienced with my Bounder 33U. I wrote at least 20 emails and half that many letters to the Service Manager, to the President of Fleetwood, and everyone in between when I was having so many problems with my Bounder.

It really stinks to have purchased an expensive coach only to be pushed aside when you're most vulnerable, i.e., you're checked has been cashed.

If it were me I would pen a letter to the President of Winnebago, have it sent Registered Mail Return Receipt Requested (gets their attention), and copy everyone from the lot boy to the Owner of the dealership outlining the problems to date, and what your non-negotiable terms are. Give them some realistic dates to live up to, or you may have to involve your attorney.

Good luck, and I hope it works out in the end.

Don lmsele said:
...I say cosmetic damage but it is pretty significant since one of the guy wires was ripped from the frame.  I did not see this at the dealership because I believe the inspection area was marginally lit and besides I was in a hurry to get home.

A thorough pre-delivery inspection is critical.  Things to fix - fix them and then we close the deal, at no point in your ownership will you have more leverage with the dealership.

Unfortunately your dealer experience is not unusual, that's why many here prefer to have factory service in Forest City do any kind of work on the house part.

Hi John,
We have only owned 2 RVs.
Our Rialta is our first. We had no idea that RV dealerships are not very customer focused.
We picked up our Rialta in Forest City at the Winnebago Factory. That was a wonderful experience.
The factory rep assigned to us really knew his stuff!!
We had only one minor warranty roof leak and in 10 years no other problems!

So we assumed getting another Winnebago product we would get the same treatment.
What a shock and a big let down!

The factory would have never checked out a View to us in the condition ours was in.

Don't get me wrong, we like the View features, we just want the unit back soon.

Well, I get to call the shop today to see if they fixed the antenna.
I hope they get it done soon.

A gentleman flew out from Portland Oregon Monday to check out my Rialta.
I never new that Rialta's had so much appeal. Hope he buys it.
We liked it a lot but out grew it. It gets a little close on long camping trips now that my wife and I are 10 years older.

Don lmsele said:
We liked it a lot but out grew it. It gets a little close on long camping trips now that my wife and I are 10 years older.

Isn't it funny, when you are first married you can't get close enough and spoon when you sleep at night and in time you start to want a little room back. Then when you have been married a lot of years (like 43 yrs like we have been) you are very comfortable with each other and don't have to touch each other all of the time. We still enjoy walking a lot holding hands.

Good luck Don and hope all works out for you and you get your rig back so you and the Misses can go have some fun instead of waiting for them to do something on it. I don't know if I  could be as patient as you have been. I'm afraid I would be blowing a gasket by now and writhing everybody a letter that I could think to send it to.  :mad:

....not too close for us... we still hang close... we just have more stuff and we have grand children that want to go with papa and granny camping.

The Rialta only has one bed. the View has 2 beds.

And I did blow a gasket but not on the phone.
I left a bunch of emails for the dealer on the one month anniversary of my purchase.

purchased 10/10/2014

The emails finally got the attention of the dealer.

They tell me I will get my rig back Friday.

stay tuned.... :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom