PLUMBING PROBLEM - Winnebago ERA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karsty

OK ... here's the problem. When the valve for the hot water tank is open (not on bypass) I get plenty of HOT water. When I move the single lever tap handle down to COLD ... nothing. No HOT or COLD water.
When I put the valve on HW tank on bypass I get plenty of COLD water from the fresh water tank BUT the tap lever is on the HOT water position.

When I put the tap lever down to the COLD water position it literally does not pump any water ... so if I want HOT water I have to open the HW tank bypass. If I want COLD water, I have to close the bypass valve on the HW tank.

Is this an indication that the single lever kitchen tap is malfunctioning?? I don't have this issue with the bathroom taps that have separate HOT & COLD water taps or the outside shower that has HOT & COLD water taps.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Check your water filter.
I had the same issue with my cold water in the kitchen and found the under counter water filter completely clogged.
There may also be a valve or bypass improperly installed in the filter location.
Bob
Note location and description at HERE

The bypass valve has no effect on the faucets, other than you would only get cold water from the hot water faucets.  Since all the other faucets are working correctly, the single lever faucet has a problem.

If you have a filter under the sink, then Bob's explanation makes sense as only the cold water would be filtered.

My 2014 does have a filter and if your ERA faucet worked normally before, then a clogged filter is a very likely answer.  You should have a filter bypass (a plug-like device that replaces the filter when winterizing).  Take the filter out and install the bypass plug and see if the faucet works normally.

Karsty said:
Is this an indication that the single lever kitchen tap is malfunctioning??

There are other possibilities but basically YES

Other posibilities:
You could have a "kinked" line to the sink ,epically if it's in a slide out
You could have an in-line strainer or filter that is clogged

And it is possible (though doubtful) an in-line valve such as you usually have in a house.

but the most likely cause is the single handle faucet has a problem.

After I removed the faucet I have discovered something strange. The RV dealer made an emergency repair for me the other year when I was leaking from one of the water lines coming from the water filter. This appears to be the line leading to the cold water side of the kitchen faucet. They disconnected the water line going to the water filter/diverter and capped it off. On closer examination it appears that the cold water line ran throughout these lines and then back out the other side to the line leading to the tap. Apparently by disconnecting the line and capping it off they might have totally bypassed the cold water line going to the kitchen sink faucet. It's hard for me to tell because the lines are not colour coded, but that's what I am suspecting right now.

So now what I have to do is figure out how to connect the line back to the cold water kitchen line and still by-pass the filter/diverter ... which I have never used by the way. I never drink the water from the fresh water tank.

It seems that as I suspected right from the beginning three years ago ... this dealer doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom