Do you have Yzllaikfmw? What is IT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

See picture. I was using google chrome. At some point recently it gave me some weird message about me using the wrong version, anyhow it wouldn't start or open. A friend on the phone said they had same problem. Hmm... we figured it was google chrome having a hiccup. However, next day, still no chrome working.

I Uninstalled the entire google chrome. Cleaned up registry and restarted computer for good luck.

After restart, I downloaded google chrome. I unchecked the boxes for synchronization, I don't want google storing my stuff. Next thing I begin to notice my computer is super sluggish. That's when I found Yzllaikfmw.exe *32 running on my machine in multiple instances claiming to be part of google chrome. Nothing I could find on the internet about it. No matter how many times I stopped it, it kept reopening and hogging computer. Even offline it hogged computer running in multiple instances.

I uninstalled google chrome and Yzllaikfmw.exe *32 was still running full tilt boogie.

In sheer frustration trying to do quickest thing, I just restored my computer to an earlier time. Now Yzllaikfmw.exe *32 was GONE, but google was back and not working. I uninstalled google.

I ran malwarebytes and it found softonics pup something, but nothing else.

I miss google, but I am too  scared to download it again until I figure out what happened. I am clueless (as usual!)

Any ideas what this is or where it came from?

Attachments

• 10 24 2014.jpg
    10 24 2014.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 40
I don't know what it is and don't want it. :mad:  Like you, I found no reference to it anywhere.  Maybe you ought to patent it and sell it. :)

Small chance....haven't a clue. 
Look at the link below.

http://pcquickboost.com/?md=0&tm=1&hd=2&pg=lp101&cmp=PCHealthBoost-US-AWS&adg=yz.exe-5-378&title=Fix+Yz.exe

I would suspect a malicious extension in Chrome.  Uninstalling Chrome won't remove your profile and that includes your extensions.  Some malware create random process names to confuse the AV software, and this would seem to be like that.  Right click on the process name in task manager and you should be able to open the folder that contains the exe.  That may give you a clue as to which extension is the problem.

Then start Chrome in safe mode by modifying the shortcut to add the flag --disable-extensions.  See this article for a discussion on this.  Disable all the extensions, then restart Chrome.  If the Yzllaikfmw process doesn't start, then enable the extensions one at a time until it does show up.

But if you're seeing that process even without running Chrome, then it's a different problem and you'll need to attack it with multiple malware removers until one of them kills it.

It's not a Chrome problem as long as you get Chrome from Google and not from any third part download site.

Even Google could not find it... Thus my best guess is the same as Ned's.  Likely Malware.... they do that kind of thing.

The other option is a bad sector on your disc causing a mis-load but one that still passes inspection, can happen, not likely but can happen.. I once generated a 13 character string, part ordered part random, the middle character was a checksum. it passed muster and showed as a valid string, (What are the odds I'd do a valid fake string on the 1st try?)  (Seriously impressed the FBI agent who was showing off the computer program he wrote). 

That program is now used by law enforcement all over the nation... This was the alfa-stage of the program, before beta testing.

Back
Top Bottom