1978 Vogue Motorhome dash LP switch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aharlehycpl

Ok.. we are not new to RV's and fairly familiar with the older systems and such but this switch has me a little bit confused. 

On the dash there is a momentary contact switch labelled LP.  On the tank there is a visible sight fuel gauge with one wire going to the center of it.  Anyone have thoughts about what this dash switch would be for?  If it was to switch the fuel gauge over to view the level of the tank.. why a momentary contact switch? 

Anyone familiar with what the heck this switch would do... would appreciate some insight. 

Just picked up this old beauty and working to track down all the systems in it to get it all working as it should. 

Thanks for any insights....

We used to have a 78 Vogue but I do not remember that switch. Is it to turn the propane off and on?

Not really sure what it is supposed to do.  Initially I thought it might flip the fuel gauge to read the tank level and so far I can not tell anything that it does.  The LP is turned off and on with a normal valve.  The only wire I see going to the LP tank area is the one that hooks into the center of the sight gauge to where I can look at how full the tank is but there could be something somewhere else that the wire from the switch could run to. :-\

Ok.. found a paragraph in the manual about the LP switch... When pressed is supposed to tell you how full the LP tank is.. though it does not tell you if it is supposed to show up on the fuel gauge or not. Assuming it would be the fuel gauge.  Doesn't seem to work but I suppose it is possible both the main fuel tank and the LP tank are both about as full as each other.  Going to have to fill one up and see if the gauge changes or if it affects a light or gauge somewhere else on the dash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom