Winterizing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bsteeves

Hello everyone.

I am a new rv enthusiast and I am extremely excited. Recentky purchased a '98 winne on a fire chasis with a 7.3L v8 turbo diesel. Most everything is in good shape. I bought the rv mainly for tailgating and for camping with the family.

I have two home games left, nov 1st and nov 15. Temps will temporarily flirt with freezing temps. We will be staying over one night for each game.

What's the best way to keep my rv safe while also being able to use as many of the features as possible?

Thanks in advance.

If it helps I have a 98 Minnie Winnie. The generator is run off of propane. Can I winterize the toilet, shower and faucets and still use the heater?

Water will not be a necessity for us.

You should be able to use the furnace, stove, refrigerator and anything electrical.  You can
use the toilet by flushing with portable water.  However, you will need to dump the holding tank before it freezes.
Jim

Bsteeves said:
Should I use antifreeze throughout the water lines and such?

You will get different opinions on that question. I always used the pink stuff in the past. This year I just blew the system down with compressed air. As long as you're positive that you've completely removed all the water using air, you should be OK. If there is any doubt in your mind, then you should probably add the pink stuff after blow down. Both procedures work. It's whatever you're comfortable with.

Right now the temps for next weekend will hit lows of 33 and 34. I feel so torn. This is my first week with my first RV!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom