Compare: FR3 to Fleetwood Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreddieMac

My wife and I are considering the FR3 and Fleetwood Storm motor home. I would like to get feedback from owners on their experiences with these two models. If you would be willing to share your evaluation of your motor home and the things that drew you to purchasing that model, I would appreciate it.

This is second hand, but I was researching the internet on suspensions and there were a number of comments that classified the storm as an entry level rig. As such, a number of the owners seemed to suffer quite a few non-suspension problems related to their actual use of the storm, more than what they seem to expect they would have to endure. Furthermore, there seemed to be a general consensus that entry level rigs, to include the storm, were generally known being more problematic than higher quality rigs. There were, of course, some happy buyers just to add to the confusion.

Interestingly, I had a chat with my 90 year old experienced Rver mother and she said that in her day many people just bought rigs and had all sorts of problems like leaks in new campers. As expected, she said it was worth it, but she is a due diligence advocate and said that a lot of owners, like herself, got too caught up in falling in love with their rigs instead of doing their due diligence.

Of course, as some of the forum members will tell you, I haven't emptied enough porta potties to earn my experienced RVer hat, so don't listen to me.

FreddieMac said:
My wife and I are considering the FR3 and Fleetwood Storm motor home. I would like to get feedback from owners on their experiences with these two models. If you would be willing to share your evaluation of your motor home and the things that drew you to purchasing that model, I would appreciate it.

I took a look at both units and they both show promise. The FR3 has a nice video put together by a dealer on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQnSUaEb7no . I haven't found a video on the Storm.

It looks like there is only one A/C unit on each of your selections. This would might be a deal breaker for me on a Class A coach.

You didn't mention which Floor Plan you liked. 

Good luck in your search and let us know what you decided.

I have owned the FR30D for just over one year.  I have only found very minor defects in construction.  So far, these are my only complaints:  A piece of wood trim right by the door on the cabinets is disintegrating near the bottom, I assume from being cut too long and vibration from driving, an easy fix once I get around to it.  The tubes going to the windshield wipers spray nozzles are too short and came undone.  Also an easy fix.  The wood piece in the bottom of the windshield power curtain is a bit too short and slides out of the track.  Not a big deal.  The front seats are a PITA to swivel.  Mine is a carbon copy of the one in the video and we have really enjoyed owning it.

We took it to Anza-Borrego State Park a couple of weeks ago and we were favorably impressed by the power getting back up the Banner Grade, a treacherous and steep road that is one of a couple of steep grades to get out of there.  We went down the Montezuma Grade, and used the engine brakes almost all the way down and had zero issues with brake overheating.

It has more basement storage than we have found a need for thus far.  The bed, just as any RV bed pretty much sucks.  WE put a queen size memory foam topper on it and it is as comfortable as our B&S bed.  You can probably find more info than you would ever need at the FROG (Forest River Owners Group): http://forestriverfrog.com/default.aspx

Back
Top Bottom