Any problems to be aware of when installing full size residential microwave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregg

It seems like many of the new RVs are coming with full size microwaves.  In the process of a complete remodel of my unit and rearranging cabinets to accommodate a full size microwave.  Anyone else done this?  Do not want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has done this and had to work through problems.  My unit came with the normal built in shelf unit.

Many RVs come with that type of unit anyway, so no big deal. You just have to provide adequate power (a big micro/convection oven usually needs 20 A) and ventilation (either outside or back into the rig). And make sure the cabinet is sturdy - a full size micro is fairly heavy.

Mine has a GE Profile Advantium, but I didn't install it myself. Had the same micro in a previous coach too. Very pleased with it.

I believe I will need to basically rebuild the cabinets to accommodate the microwave so will build to support.  We plan on just installing a microwave without the convection oven option so the existing dedicated 15A circuit will support that per the inspection manuals. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom