Pet hair and laundry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cadee2c

One of the must haves for my RV will be a washer. But I have two dogs who shed. Profusely. All the time. My question is, how does the holding tank handle the pet hair that would be going through there. Here in my S&B I have a screen filter over my drain hose and have to change that frequently. Is there a way to do that in the RV washers?

Caryl

We have a Splendide washer/dryer which has no problems with dog hair. Our dog is not that bad, but I see no screen in the drain line anywhere. If the pump (drain is pumped out) were to clog, very unlikely, you can access it to remove the clog. The grey tank does not have a filter and does have a two inch drain. I can't see it clogging either.

I recently opened the pump to clear an object and did not see any hair at all. I doubt you'll have a problem.

Ernie

The key is a furmator or one of the clones.  You really need to brush them often using a good hair removal brush.

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/brushes-combs-blow-dryers/kong-zoom-groom-dog-brush-zid36-12103/cat-36-catid-100097?var_id=36-12103&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

This is what I use on them. They love it. Its got rounded rubber nubs on it so its not so irritating as the brush and comb tips are. I also give them the once over just before I take them to the dog wash.

My young one had a really bad case of mange when he was rescued, to the point where he had no hair whatsoever. He still has no undercoat on the bottom side. Somehow he manages to shed almost as much as the old guy. Between brushing and vacuuming, I think I throw away enough hair each week to weave a couple of skeins of yarn. :)

cadee2c said:
http://www.petsmart.com/dog/brushes-combs-blow-dryers/kong-zoom-groom-dog-brush-zid36-12103/cat-36-catid-100097?var_id=36-12103&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

This is what I use on them. They love it. Its got rounded rubber nubs on it so its not so irritating as the brush and comb tips are. I also give them the once over just before I take them to the dog wash.

My young one had a really bad case of mange when he was rescued, to the point where he had no hair whatsoever. He still has no undercoat on the bottom side. Somehow he manages to shed almost as much as the old guy. Between brushing and vacuuming, I think I throw away enough hair each week to weave a couple of skeins of yarn. :)

I have a dachshund Dolly, and I found only the way to combat the hair. It is the special nutrition. Special dog food for dachshunds makes hair stronger and prevents spreading that everywhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom