Walmart Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greyeagle

Not all Walmart parking lots are totally safe. This Walmart is no more than 30 miles from where I live. Sounds like a drug deal gone bad...

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24585997/2-bodies-found-in-walmart-lot

Moral to that story........ don't deal drugs in a Walmart parking lot..... ;)

Is there any place you can go in the US that is 100% guaranteed safe from disaster both natural and man made?

(Answer: NOT EVEN YOUR GRAVE is 100% safe, earthquake, flood and other disasters have been known to mess up cemetaries).

So the answer is NO.

However you play the odds.. How many shootings have we had in Wal*mart lots in the last year.. (very few)  how many people have visited Wal*mart in the last year (Millions) what are your odds of getting shot in a Wal*mart lot.. Very low.

How many shootings in licensed campgrounds in the last year (I think I read of 2 or 3) how many people visited licensed campgrounds (Far fewer than Wal*mart) so your odds of getting shot in a licensed campground  Much higher.

How many shootings in HOMES in the last year (More than I care to count) How many people live in homes (Perhaps 2x what visit Wal*mart) so you are in far greater danger... Watching TV in your own TV room at home.

John From Detroit said:
so you are in far greater danger... Watching TV in your own TV room at home.

Well... it probably depends on the show.  Some of the new ones are REALLY bad and might prompt me to shoot at the TV.  ;)

I do admit,,, back in the sticks and bricks it often happened that the best thing on TV was.... The Radio (It sat atop the TV in the great-room).  Alas, here in the motor home that is no longer true.. The Radios are either beside the TV (Home theater and radio) or UNDER it (Dash Radio) so they are no longr "ON Tv". :)

However I've got a couple of hard drives worth of movies to watch if I can not find a decent show on the air.

Dish channel 342, every afternoon. And if you have the Hopper, you can record every show for viewing at your leisure. Along with Wyatt Earp, Gunsmoke and The Cheyanne Show. You're not my long lost brother are you Bob?

Ken

I believe I am Ken. Must have been a mix up at the hospital.
Add "The Rifleman" to the list, and a very young Clint Eastwood in "Rawhide"
They don't make 'em like the used to.....

I think the point the OP was trying to make is that WalMart, like any other public business does not have a measure of security if the public is allowed to come and go at will.  And you could replace WalMart with any other retail business that allows RVers to camp overnight in their lots, like Camping World, Cracker Barrels, and even Freightliner and truck stop parking lots.

RV parks on the other hand are usually more secure feeling than an open parking lot somewhere.  While there are no guarantees anywhere these days, being in a wide open public area is measurably less safe.

Statistics show we are 87% more likely to be offered a Miller Lite by our neighbors at an RV campground rather than something drinkable like a decent craft ale.
It's a dangerous world out there my friends.....

BinaryBob said:
Statistics show we are 87% more likely to be offered a Miller Lite by our neighbors at an RV campground rather than something drinkable like a decent craft ale.
It's a dangerous world out there my friends.....

I have a growler of 'Pliney The Elder' and another of Lagunitas IPA that will be opened on our next outing.  And a bottle of Red Rocket Ale for me!

Not a big fan of Miller Lite.  (Could you have guessed?)

SargeW said:
And that's another point! Domestic disputes will and do happen anywhere,  and are unstoppable from a law enforcement point of view.  However, random acts of violence will most likely occur in public. 
No argument there, Marty!

I caught a kid going through our car one night at a fairly nice RV resort in Florida just last
year.    I called the police and from my description they knew who the kid was and where to find him.    Moral of story, keep your car and RV locked at all times.

Not a big deal.  We are going back to the same RV resort again this year.

We have camped at Wal-Mart close to 100 nights and never had a problem other than some noise at times.

However, we always travel with some protection.
Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom