First winter storm of the year...I hope everyone is ok.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
T

TonyDtorch

The news is showing the storm that hit yesterday, it looks like everyone east of the rockies is getting snowed in.

Stay warm all you east coast full timers, a huge winter storm can't be much fun in an rv both driving and living.

We were forecasted to get up to 14 inches of snow here in the twin cities. It ended up that only a narrow band to the north (probably about where MN Blue Skies lives) got about a foot, the rest of us only had a few inches. But now the temps are dropping. I think I'd rather have the snow than the super cold.

Caryl

We received about 6 inches of snow in our area.  It wasn't too much of an issue since we contract someone to plow our 150 foot driveway.  Even the afternoon traffic wasn't much of a problem.  I think a lot of people wimped out and either stayed at home or left work early.

Happy we no longer do MN winters. We're nice and warm in Elephant Butte,NM.

We're still in the sixties in the day, but the cold is forecast to hit by the week end.  No snow, but seems like I have to rake the leaves every other day.

Ed

Where is algore and the global warming freeks when you need them?

Going to the grocery stores just before the first couple of big storms of the season is like shopping on Christmas eve. The liquor stores are just as busy.  ;D

Seriously?!!  I went for a nice early evening walk.  Light weight coat, no gloves, hat, or scarf.  I really enjoyed the crisp air.  I will admit that I was glad that I had on hiking boots because it was a tad bit slippery in a few spots. 

Becks said:
Happy we no longer do MN winters. We're nice and warm in Elephant Butte,NM.

Will you be back in late May for another rally in Lanesboro?

I tell folks that if I had to blow an engine,, Where I am parked (With a blown engine) is where I want to be parked.. I mean.
I'm less than half an hour from Darling Daughter and Grandson,,, I have friends in the nearby town.. I like this little park even if it basicaly has nothing in the way of amenities  (Shower and single washer dryer (Stacked pair) No swimming or "Courts" (B-Ball, Tennis, Golf course or Put Put, And much more).  THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO BE.

One of the reasons.. This thread.  Snow here is very rare, Temps that worry me even more rare.

Careful about saying that this time of year John.  You keep talking the way you are, you're gonna have a whole bunch of us Minnesotans knocking on your doorstep. I just saw the 10 day forecast for here, not one day over freezing. Its too early for that even here.

cadee2c said:
Careful about saying that this time of year John.  You keep talking the way you are, you're gonna have a whole bunch of us Minnesotans knocking on your doorstep. I just saw the 10 day forecast for here, not one day over freezing. Its too early for that even here.

I do not miss those Goose Bay Labrador winters from 1964-1966 or the Montana winters that I lived through in 1966-1968 as a young boy whose primary chore was shoveling snow during the winter months.

Now we live in Southern Nevada and we'll get 1-2 weeks of severely cold weather, down in to the 30s sometimes 20s (rarely). Our ten day forecast has us down to the mid 60s as a high in the coming week, 40s for a low, liveable at least.

Dropped from 78 to 32 here in North Texas, had a hard freeze last night.  Good news is that we are through with business here, visited with all friends and family, attended my son's swearing in as an attorney.

Now headed back to the Gulf Coast and back to Florida.  But cold air expected to hit north FL today

Funny thing is that NOAA said we would have a warmer winter and NO polar vortex just a week ago.  These are the same people that said we have global warming.  I could really use some of that warming right now.

Honestly, the Farmers Almanac forecast another harsh winter.  Think these folks are much more accurate than NOAA.

Yeah we are having a tough time in the first winter storm

Attachments

• abeer1.jpg
    abeer1.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 64
hang in there man ........drinking Coors is on page 2 of the Basic Survival Guide, next step is Light beer and then urine. ......:)

vmax, Im stealing this picture and gonna make it my desktop background to help me get through this winter.  ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OR-River-Runner
Back
Top Bottom