alternative heating source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trplpwr

Hope this is the right place for this.. I purchased a catalytic free standing/ wall mount heater to cut down on winter fuel usage and now am wondering if I should have bought the blue flame instead. I bought the wave 8 Olympian and am wondering why it does not come complete with drip leg and legs for a free standing placement. Also it seems to need a lot of room just to set it up. I did my research, and went with popular reviews. We have a 92 33' HR. which is actually 27' inside. I read quite a bit on the blue flame as well, does the blue flame come with everything or is there additional stuff to order? I had planned to use high pressure hose for the install and go direct to the catalytic heater to keep it simple and not have a bunch of connections. So again is the blue flame a better choice or does the blue flame have the same need for a drip leg. I also am wondering why no gas stove company has built a small free standing stove for rvs... I am not on here much so any reply is appreciated.
Thanks
trplpwr

If you are using the water system in the RV, what are you doing to keep your pipes from freezing? Do you have a enclosed basement? If you do, you'll need to run the RV furnace so that the basement gets heated to prevent freezing of the water in your plumbing.

Back
Top Bottom