Enjoying (and my ramblings) about Passport America's News Blasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
Yet another thank you to long time forum members and contributors, Ned and Lorna, for telling us about Passport America (PA)  We enjoyed great savings on campsites during our first season of RVing.  The $44 annual fee paid for itself many times over.  It's probably the best $44 we've spent this year.  However we discovered added value by signing up for PA's news blasts.

PA's news blasts are much more than typical spam.  The news blasts always contain interesting RV related articles from other sources (i.e. NY Times, The Huffington Post, USA Today, RV Business, etc.)  Of course there are sponsored articles and ads but even many of those contain helpful information and showcase new RV products and news about the RV industry.  I know we would have found the news blasts helpful and interesting even before we bought our TT.  I'm not sure but I suspect you might have to join PA in order to receive the news blasts.

Just a few of the articles I enjoyed from this week's PA news blast and the links to the sources are: 

** "Cuddle Up in This; a Passion for Vintage Trailers":  www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/garden/a-passion-for-vintage-trailers.html?emc=eta1&_r=1#. 
(I want one! As we travel I try to keep my eyes open hoping I'll spot an affordable vintage trailer gem along the way.  The ones we've come across either need too much work, are outrageously priced, or the owner doesn't want to part with it.  It would be fun to have one for flea markets and just to have in the backyard.  Our city would probably give us a little grief but we would be in compliance with our city ordinances provided people weren't staying in it overnight and provided we parked it on a proper parking pad and not the lawn.  Earlier this year, I missed a vintage trailer by a just a few minutes.  If I remember correctly it was a 1963 Shasta in fair condition for $1,200.  It was advertised on the Minneapolis CraigsList.  When I called the owner he said it sold in less than 15 minutes.  A Chicago couple bought it sight unseen and were already on their way to pick it up.  He was having regret for pricing it so low.  I offered him more money but he said he was going to honor his verbal commitment to the Chicago couple.  Yes, there are some people with integrity on CraigsList. )

** "RV Program for Veterans": An article about RVs for homeless Vets. www.rvbusiness.com/2014/11/rvs-for-veterans-program-reaches-a-milestone/

I never seem to find time to read everything in the news blasts so I have created a separate folder for future reading and reference. I'm looking forward to learning more about PA's RV rallies, it's free trip planner, info on places to visit , helpful hints, and much more.  Like I said, our PA membership was probably the best $44 we spent this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom