EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2015 Rally May 25-27, 2015 at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota  (Read 7726 times)

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
The end of May is the perfect time to get the RV back on the road and to welcome back the snowbirds!

Dates:                                        May 25 – May 27, 2015
                                                  Last year some people came early and some stayed later.  There’s a lot to see and do in the area.

Location:                                    Eagle Cliff Campground.  Three miles east of Lanesboro, Minnesota.  Two hours SE of the Twin Cities.

EZ Online Reservations:             http://www.eagle-cliff.com
                                                  After making your reservation please post the dates and your campsite number on this thread. It’s nice to keep track of the RV Forum
                                                  members who plan on attending

Campground Phone:                  507-467-2598
                                                  Eagle Creek is listed as a Passport America campground so you might want to check with them about the PA discount rates.

Don’t have an RV?                      No problem; you can still join us around the campfire.  Eagle Creek has a five room motel and tent sites plus Lanesboro is the B & B
                                                  Capital of Minnesota.  If you've been thinking about renting an RV this would be an ideal opportunity for a new adventure.  (Get a pull
                                                  through site with full hookups.)

Campground Amenities:             Full hookups, some pull-through and some wooded sites.  Sites large enough to handle big RVs, campground Wi-Fi, ”naturally”   
                                                  mosquito free.  Friendly staff and clean grounds.  Reasonably priced.

Area Attractions:                        Arts and cute shops in Lanesboro. Hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, and horseback riding along the Root River Trail.  You can rent                         
                                                  bikes, kayaks, etc. from outfitters in the area. National trout center and three blue ribbon trout streams.  Amish farms and historic     
                                                  sites. Golf.

More Info about area:                http://www.lanesboro.com/
                                                  http://www.midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/outdoors_recreation/bicycling/lanesboro_minnesota_sightseeing

Weather Forecast:                     Welcome back snowbirds.  No snow or ice!  The 2014 rally was mostly sunny, almost perfect weather with the exception of a few 
                                                  sprinkles.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:17:37 PM by Ned »
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

kjansen

• ---
Re: 2015 Rally at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota Bluff Country
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 09:00:58 PM »
Thanks for the post Max.  Will certainly keep it in mind, but still too early to know for sure.
Keven Jansen
'06 Chevy 2500 Duramax
'02 Montana Big Sky
Alexandria, Mn

MN Blue Skies

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »
We will be on site B-10.  We'd love to meet you! 

After Lanesboro we're going to Springfield, Illinois to visit a daughter and her family and then tentatively go up to Chicago and then to Door County and then on to  Bayfield, Wisconsin and then back home to the Twin Cities.   While we are in the Bayfield area we want to stop at Lost Creek Outfitters in Cornucopia to go sea kayaking in the sea caves again before we get too old.  That would be another great place to have a rally.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:27:30 PM by MN Blue Skies »
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

SMR

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
looks like fun- I will put it on the  "list" for next years potential trips.
Gonna put the world away for a minute......
Steve
2016 Bighorn 3760 EL
2015 Ford F350
me, DW and our 2 dogs

MN Blue Skies

• ---
Happy New Year!

Just a reminder.... as you plan your 2015 travels across the Midwest, we are planning a rally in beautiful SE Minnesota in May.  Hope to see you then!

JeffDi

• ---
We are new to this site and have never been to a rally.  We would like to join you in SE Minnesota in May. We have made a reservation and will be at site B12.  Can't wait.  Dianne and Jeff

MN Blue Skies

• ---
That is so awesome!  We can't wait to meet you.  Don't hesitate to message us if you have ANY questions. 

JeffDi

• ---
My e-mail is de41249@gmail.com.   We have no idea what to expect. 

Dianne & Jeff from Wisconsin. :-\

Loa

We will be there .....space B-9...Newbies.... This is our first rally and looking forward to meeting other Rvers...
Can't wait....Thanks Maxine "Mn blue skies" for the invite
Ray N Pela and best friend "ChenChoo"
2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

MN Blue Skies

• ---
Excellent news!  Hopefully we will have more newbies as well as some ... seasoned RVers.  I was going to say old timers but that didn't sound right. 

LindaV

• ---
I don't know anything about rallies, however, my RV comes with 3 young boys and a yellow lab mix. Is that acceptable? (Not at all offended if not)

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
So many things up in the air right now, I can't say we will be there. But if nothing else, I will try to at least come down for a day. Its not too much of a drive from Burnsville. :)
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

cadee2c

• ---
I was going to say old timers but that didn't sound right.

I discovered the perfect term... Longtimers :D
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

MN Blue Skies

• ---
I don't know anything about rallies, however, my RV comes with 3 young boys and a yellow lab mix. Is that acceptable? (Not at all offended if not)

LindaV, Pets and children are welcome.  The campground has new owners but the previous owner allowed dogs on leashes.  We personally love labs.  How old are your boys?

Since this is only our second season of RVing, we're not very familiar with rallies either.  Last year's rally in Lanesboro was small and unstructured.  I think the only requirement was bring your own chair.  Even then there is always a picnic table.  It was nice to meet other RVers and sit around and talk about RVs, travels, share stories, and discuss what ever topic came up.  There was a happy hour (drinking not required) late afternoons and a bonfire in the evenings  One evening we had a potluck, one morning we went out to breakfast in Lanesboro, and then some people went browsing the small shops in Laneboro, or sightseeing, walking, biking, reading, napping, bird watching, etc.  (I think the large birds we saw last year were turkey vultures and not eagles so we have to remember to bring our binoculars this year. Also this year I really want to find time to cast a fly line in the Root River which is adjacent to the campground.)  You decide when and if you want to participate or even organize your own informal outing.

Then there are mini-rallies.  Like people meeting for a meal or coffee at Caribou. 

BTW, Have you checked out the Passport American discounts yet?

Since this is only our
So many things up in the air right now, I can't say we will be there. But if nothing else, I will try to at least come down for a day. Its not too much of a drive from Burnsville. :)

Caryl if you decide to drive down for a day let us know so maybe we can organize a potluck lunch or dinner. 

We can't wait to use our new RV Forum flag for the first time!

cadee2c

• ---
So, Im looking into renting an RV for the 3 days. It looks like things will fall into place and we will be able to make it. :)
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

MN Blue Skies

• ---
Yippee!  Sweet!  Huzzah!  wOOt! ... okay I'm out of words. 

We are looking forward to meeting you, your DH, and dogs. 

Ray, Pella, and their best friend ChenChoo are joining us as well Diane and Jeff from SE Wisconsin.  Now if we could convince the Becks, Binary Bob and his Queen, and other Minnesotans, Wisconsinites, and Snow Birds traveling back north to join us, how great would that be?  Unfortunately kjensen a/k/a Keven has plans to be further up north.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:32:07 PM by MN Blue Skies »

cadee2c

• ---
Bad news,,, I could not find an RV to rent for less than 5 days so we are not camping.
Good news... I was able to reserve a room in the motel at the campground. So we will still be attending. :D
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

MN Blue Skies

• ---
 ;D  Caryl, do you know which day you are going?

cadee2c

• ---
We will head down there Monday and stay till Wednesday. :)
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

flexitdriver

• ---
Hi from Allen and Suzanne. :)
We are from Perth, Western Australia.
Traveling in the US of A for a few months, we will be on site B8 from Monday to Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting fellow forumites. ;D

Regards
Allen and Suzanne
Allen
If you are not lost, you're not having fun!

In USA:
2008 Majestic Class C on Ford E450 Chassis
And 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 'Toad'

In Australia:
Outback Class A 'Flinders' Motorhome on Isuzu NPR400 chassis and Suzuki Grand Vitara 'Toad'

cadee2c

• ---
That's terrific! It will be great to meet you... and everyone else. :)
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

cadee2c

• ---
Im starting to think of things bring to the campground.  I have a deck of Cards Against Humanity that i can bring, if anyone is interested in playing. The weather forecast looks like it will be warm but rainy that week. Then again, weather in Minnesota this time of year is kinda psychotic and forecasts can change hourly. We may need indoor type activities. If you all are interested, I can pack it.
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

MN Blue Skies

• ---
Allen and Suzanne, that is great news.  So far there are 10 of us attending the rally. 

Are there any more thinking about joining us? 

I've been busy studying to finish my degree in professional photography.  The semester ends tomorrow so I will be more attentive to the rally starting Wednesday.  I haven't checked out the forecast but as Caryl said the weather in Minnsota can change hourly. 

MN Blue Skies

• ---
I just checked and there are still some pull-through and back-in RV sites available in section B. 

Before we leave for Lanesboro I have to get my fishing license and trout stamp just in case there is time to do a little fishing on the Root River which is adjacent to Eagle Cliff Campground.  I left a message for the Campground manager to see if she has any recommendations for activities just in case there is rain. I'll post more later.  Now that school is over I might even make it home in time to join tonight's virtual campfire chat.  :)

BTW, the EGG Fest 2015 is being held at Eagle Cliff Campground May 27-31.  They are expecting 45+ EGG owners.  I just learned this year that EGG is the term for the small molded fiberglass TTs like the Burro, Casita, and Scamp to name a few.  They seem like a friendly, active group.  If someone is looking for a small TT that can be pulled by a smaller tow vehicle this might be a good chance to talk with some of the owners.

MN Blue Skies

• ---
We are hosting happy hour at B-10 our campsite. Look for the RV Forum flag!  There will be plenty of eats, the requisite campfire, and forks for roasting whatever. 

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
So is there any news to report on this rally? 
Not being able to attend   I find it fun to see what  I may have missed.

Betty Brewer

see where we are

cadee2c

• ---
I think most everyone else who was at the rally are still on the road going to other places. Bob and I got home today. I think the consensus was that it was a great spot and Max was going to talk to the owners about having one there again next year.

Monday night was beautiful and we had a campfire hosted by Max and Eric. There is an eggfest there coming up this weekend and some of them who came in early for that also came to the campfire. It was a perfect night for a fire. I don't know how many we ended up with but it was a great group of people.

The campground is in a beautiful area and the RV pads are gravel covered and the rest is nice grass with lots of room in between sites.

Tuesday the weather did not cooperate and it seemed to rain steadily almost all day long. A bunch of us went into a tiny town called Peterson for breakfast at Burdy's cafe. Afterwards, we all went into Lanesboro to look around. Unfortunately, most of the shops were closed on Tuesdays, or maybe just because it had been a big holiday weekend. I think I'm lucky because I looked in the window of one antique shop and saw a shiny like new looking jack-in-the-box with clowns on the sides. I'm not sure if I could have refused it if the shop had been open. 

We took a trip up to one of the nearby fish hatcheries and went on a self guided tour. There wasn't much to see though. I think most of the grown up fish had already been sent out to the lakes, though in one tank they had some really nice breeding stock. We really got soggy there though, so went back to camp.

The weather today was warm and sunny for the drive home... of course.  ::)

Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator

2010 Jeep Liberty

MN Blue Skies

• ---
Thanks Caryl (aka Cadee2c) for reporting on the rally at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota. 

We had 16 people around the campfire the first night.  The weather was perfect and there was lively conversation with at least three conversations going on at all times.  We had people from Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, and West Australia.  It rained the next day but we made the best of it by going to a nearby town for a typical small town breakfast with lots of coffee and tea.  Then we headed to Lanesboro to explore the local shops, and ended the day with a visit to a trout hatchery.

The rigs included two "Eggs", one TT, one Class C, three Class A's and a soon to be RV couple who stayed in the motel at the campground. It was great fun and it was a good opportunity to meet fellow RVers from a variety of backgrounds.

Hosted by Over The Network