2015 Rally May 25-27, 2015 at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
The end of May is the perfect time to get the RV back on the road and to welcome back the snowbirds!

Dates:                                        May 25 ? May 27, 2015
                                                  Last year some people came early and some stayed later.  There?s a lot to see and do in the area.

Location:                                    Eagle Cliff Campground.  Three miles east of Lanesboro, Minnesota.  Two hours SE of the Twin Cities.

EZ Online Reservations:            http://www.eagle-cliff.com
                                                  After making your reservation please post the dates and your campsite number on this thread. It?s nice to keep track of the RV Forum
                                                  members who plan on attending

Campground Phone:                  507-467-2598
                                                  Eagle Creek is listed as a Passport America campground so you might want to check with them about the PA discount rates.

Don?t have an RV?                      No problem; you can still join us around the campfire.  Eagle Creek has a five room motel and tent sites plus Lanesboro is the B & B
                                                  Capital of Minnesota.  If you've been thinking about renting an RV this would be an ideal opportunity for a new adventure.  (Get a pull
                                                  through site with full hookups.)

Campground Amenities:            Full hookups, some pull-through and some wooded sites.  Sites large enough to handle big RVs, campground Wi-Fi, ?naturally?   
                                                  mosquito free.  Friendly staff and clean grounds.  Reasonably priced.

Area Attractions:                        Arts and cute shops in Lanesboro. Hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, and horseback riding along the Root River Trail.  You can rent                         
                                                  bikes, kayaks, etc. from outfitters in the area. National trout center and three blue ribbon trout streams.  Amish farms and historic   
                                                  sites. Golf.

More Info about area:                http://www.lanesboro.com/
                                                  http://www.midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/outdoors_recreation/bicycling/lanesboro_minnesota_sightseeing

Weather Forecast:                    Welcome back snowbirds.  No snow or ice!  The 2014 rally was mostly sunny, almost perfect weather with the exception of a few 
                                                  sprinkles.

We will be on site B-10.  We'd love to meet you! 

After Lanesboro we're going to Springfield, Illinois to visit a daughter and her family and then tentatively go up to Chicago and then to Door County and then on to  Bayfield, Wisconsin and then back home to the Twin Cities.  While we are in the Bayfield area we want to stop at Lost Creek Outfitters in Cornucopia to go sea kayaking in the sea caves again before we get too old.  That would be another great place to have a rally.

Happy New Year!

Just a reminder.... as you plan your 2015 travels across the Midwest, we are planning a rally in beautiful SE Minnesota in May.  Hope to see you then!

We are new to this site and have never been to a rally.  We would like to join you in SE Minnesota in May. We have made a reservation and will be at site B12.  Can't wait.  Dianne and Jeff

We will be there .....space B-9...Newbies.... This is our first rally and looking forward to meeting other Rvers...
Can't wait....Thanks Maxine "Mn blue skies" for the invite

Excellent news!  Hopefully we will have more newbies as well as some ... seasoned RVers.  I was going to say old timers but that didn't sound right. 

I don't know anything about rallies, however, my RV comes with 3 young boys and a yellow lab mix. Is that acceptable? (Not at all offended if not)

So many things up in the air right now, I can't say we will be there. But if nothing else, I will try to at least come down for a day. Its not too much of a drive from Burnsville. :)

LindaV said:
I don't know anything about rallies, however, my RV comes with 3 young boys and a yellow lab mix. Is that acceptable? (Not at all offended if not)

LindaV, Pets and children are welcome.  The campground has new owners but the previous owner allowed dogs on leashes.  We personally love labs.  How old are your boys?

Since this is only our second season of RVing, we're not very familiar with rallies either.  Last year's rally in Lanesboro was small and unstructured.  I think the only requirement was bring your own chair.  Even then there is always a picnic table.  It was nice to meet other RVers and sit around and talk about RVs, travels, share stories, and discuss what ever topic came up.  There was a happy hour (drinking not required) late afternoons and a bonfire in the evenings  One evening we had a potluck, one morning we went out to breakfast in Lanesboro, and then some people went browsing the small shops in Laneboro, or sightseeing, walking, biking, reading, napping, bird watching, etc.  (I think the large birds we saw last year were turkey vultures and not eagles so we have to remember to bring our binoculars this year. Also this year I really want to find time to cast a fly line in the Root River which is adjacent to the campground.)  You decide when and if you want to participate or even organize your own informal outing.

Then there are mini-rallies.  Like people meeting for a meal or coffee at Caribou. 

BTW, Have you checked out the Passport American discounts yet?

Since this is only our
cadee2c said:
So many things up in the air right now, I can't say we will be there. But if nothing else, I will try to at least come down for a day. Its not too much of a drive from Burnsville. :)

Caryl if you decide to drive down for a day let us know so maybe we can organize a potluck lunch or dinner. 

We can't wait to use our new RV Forum flag for the first time!

So, Im looking into renting an RV for the 3 days. It looks like things will fall into place and we will be able to make it. :)

Yippee!  Sweet!  Huzzah!  wOOt! ... okay I'm out of words. 

We are looking forward to meeting you, your DH, and dogs. 

Ray, Pella, and their best friend ChenChoo are joining us as well Diane and Jeff from SE Wisconsin.  Now if we could convince the Becks, Binary Bob and his Queen, and other Minnesotans, Wisconsinites, and Snow Birds traveling back north to join us, how great would that be?  Unfortunately kjensen a/k/a Keven has plans to be further up north.

Bad news,,, I could not find an RV to rent for less than 5 days so we are not camping.
Good news... I was able to reserve a room in the motel at the campground. So we will still be attending. :D

Hi from Allen and Suzanne. :)
We are from Perth, Western Australia.
Traveling in the US of A for a few months, we will be on site B8 from Monday to Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting fellow forumites. ;D

Regards
Allen and Suzanne

Back
Top Bottom