State of Florida could be sunned-in for the next several days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragginourbedaround

Just heard on the news that the State of Florida could be sunned-in for the next several days. Residents have been urged to hunker down at your nearest beach and/or Tiki bar for further instructions. Use extreme caution when braving this blizzard of sunshine, preferably SPF 30. We are asking our friends and relatives to the North to please keep us in their thoughts as we deal with two feet buried in the sand!!!

Southern Nevada got cold and windy this morning...highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

I see on the news that Florida real estate prices are going down everyday....or... was it just the real estate going down ?

Not the ideal time to tout our great weather here (Ft Myers). Forecast is mid 60's for a high Tuesday and Wednesday, BRRRRR.

Ernie

We're warming up pretty good here in the Denver area -- it's up to 13? here at the house right now, after an overnight low of 3? (better than the -6? F a couple of nights ago), and I just plowed/shoveled an inch or so off the porch/driveway. They're calling for 32?  as a high today.

Rene T said:
WOOPEE! Break out the shorts and sun tan lotion.  ;D

Believe it or not, there ARE those who will wear shorts today, though they usually wear a jacket also. It does feel halfway warm in the sun.

P.S. It's up to 18? now...  ::)

It's to be 14 here Monday night, this is southern Indiana in November.  Of course before hubby gets home from
the warm coast of Africa its going to warm up.  He never believes how cold and yucky it gets here and of course
says it wouldn't bother me!  Yeah right, wouldn't me either if I wasn't here. And he hasn't lived here for 30 years! Last winter he got a taste when we couldn't get to the airport.

So all of you enjoy those feet in the sand, I can't leave yet but I'm ready.  Texas won't be that warm but I
need to take care of business down there but it should still be better then here in January.

While some are clearing snow from their driveways, I was out (in shorts) pressure washing my workshop today.  I'm not sure that pressure cleaning is any less work than snow removal, but the working conditions are a bunch more pleasant.  ;)

Gee, cool enough here in S.E. GA that I do not need SPF 30, but man is it nice out.. Was out and about yesterday working on a friend's trailer (Draining the water heater cause it is supposed to get a bit chilly before he returns) then today at church.. I love this weather.

I'm about 52 miles by car from Florida.

I am in Melbourne Florida as of Saturday night the 15th of November. Today the 16th, I bundled up doggy and I in heavy clothes to walk in the morning but broke a sweat as temps rapidly climbed and had to shed some clothes. Spent a pleasant day setting up my outside patio, while barefoot on grassy lot. Kept breaking a sweat and having to hose down my face with the outside shower. Amazing how they cools the whole body.

I like to stand at the outside shower, bend over and then aim the shower at my face. Once it's good and rinsed, I am cool enough to keep on working. Doggy spent a happy afternoon giving the armadillos pure grief, reminding them to stay off his lot. They pretty much ignored him, moving their home just outside his tethered range.

Tonight my face is glowing from the glorious sunshine of today. It's 73F degrees at 7:30pm.

Supposed to drop down to a frightening 59F degrees tonight, I better go turn on the mattress warmer. Brrrrrrrrr...

In Daytona Beach last December. There was a lady walking her medium sized long haird mutt type dog. She had a down vest over a sweatshirt. The dog had a heavy sweater. I was in a Mustang convertible with the top down wearing a tshirt. It was 64 degrees.

Its all about perspective. It was 23 below when we left Minnesota the day before.

It was beautiful all weekend in Orlando.  But they are predicting only in the 50s on Tuesday and then down to 38 for Wednesday morning.  Luckily it is only chilly for a few days and by next weekend it should be back in the 70s.  This is why we moved from Chicago more than 30 years ago.

cadee2c said:
In Daytona Beach last December. There was a lady walking her medium sized long haird mutt type dog. She had a down vest over a sweatshirt. The dog had a heavy sweater. I was in a Mustang convertible with the top down wearing a tshirt. It was 64 degrees.

Its all about perspective. It was 23 below when we left Minnesota the day before.

Yeah, I've lived in Florida for coming up on 20 years now..... having mostly grown up in the North (of the South (NC).  I still get a big chuckle every winter with the snow gear coming out.  Especially when the ladies see it as their opportunity to break out the boots!

I did live a few years as a kid in Iowa, and have lived in VA for a number of years.  I've also travelled quite a bit for long periods in the extreme North where winter is really winter....Sweden, Finland, Norway, Colorado, Wisconsin, MN, Canada, etc.... so I have plenty of experience with the white stuff.....
And I will say this in defense of the South when Northern folks start making fun.... generally speaking it a much damper cold in the south which does make a difference.... and when it does snow in the south, remember that it's usually falling on ground that is much warmer than the ground up North, so it really is a different set-up for driving and such..... it's not a direct comparison....

Still, it is funny to see the boots and big coats here....

I never poke fun at drivers when it snows in areas where it normally doesn't. Some northern people may laugh but the fact is, last week when it snowed during rush hour, there were over 400 accidents here in the cities on the freeways alone.

Anyone can drive here after the first couple of snows. They use salt and a liquid brine solution here that they normally don't use elsewhere, but it takes a while for the roads to "season", to make them more passable. Also, cities in the south do not have the snow removal equipment that we have up here.

That said, I have always wondered how women in FL or AZ could stand wearing their UGG boots when its 75 degrees.

It's 22 degrees out this morning and my niece is moving from Sarasota to here in southwest Missouri today.  I told her she has her seasons mixed up.  I asked here to bring some of that Florida warmth with her, but she said the Floridians are hogging it all and wouldn't let her have any. :mad:  Buttheads!

Here in Homestead we are looking at almost a record high today. Wed am it is supposed to be 60 degrees here but we will be in Eustis, FL then so I guess we will need some warm clothes. It is really tough down here.

Our first year in FL after moving from VA we wondered why everyone was bundled up when the temp got to the mid 50's.  We were in short sleeves.  By the second winter there, we were bundled up. 

Temps here in north GA expected to be in 20's tonight.  High of 39 tomorrow.  That's cold for us.  The wind is howling.  But even here it will pass and we will be back up in the 60's later this week.  We will trade a few cold days for the beautiful fall colors and the change of seasons.

Our mountains are packed this time of the year with Floridians.  Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom