RV car wash???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blsmith25

Hi,

This may seem like a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyways.  :-[
I'm living full-time in my Plateau, so don't have a house or access to an unlimited supply of water.
How can I wash my RV? What do people do to keep it clean when you don't have a stick house to wash it at?
Also, I can't get up on the roof at all since I don't have a ladder or any other access.
I have solar panels up there. How long will they last before they need cleaning? I'm assuming they need to be cleaned now and then...???
What to do to keep it clean?  ???
It will rain at some point, but by the time it does that, it'll be good and dirty and rain may not be enough.

Thanks,
B.L>

Not a silly question at all, but thanks for asking. There are a number of options, such as:

• A number of folks here use a product called Dri Wash & Guard which, as the name implies, means you really don't need use lots of water to wash your RV.
  • Truck washes. However, be sure to use the ones that manually wash your RV because you don't want to damage those solar panels.
  • There are mobile RV wash vendors who come to you at a campground and bring their own water in a large tank on the back of a truck. They're not cheap though.

Thanks. I will have to look up that product.
How do you reach the top? Is a ladder required or do you put it on a type of telescopic applicator to reach the high places?
What exactly is it if no water is needed?
How much would I need to wash a little RV about 20' long and 10' high?

blsmith25 said:
Thanks. I will have to look up that product.

Check with Ned or Ron from BigD.
How do you reach the top? Is a ladder required or do you put it on a type of telescopic applicator to reach the high places?
I generally use a ladder.? But have used a telescoping pole.? Prefer the ladder.
What exactly is it if no water is needed?

It is a liquid that you spray on and wipe off.
How much would I need to wash a little RV about 20' long and 10' high?

I generally use 8 to 12 oz on our 40 ft Eagle.

Tom said:
[*]There are mobile RV wash vendors who come to you at a campground and bring their own water in a large tank on the back of a truck. They're not cheap though.
[/list]

Tom:

The Mexicans who came to Terry's and washed our coach this winter charged $30.00 including the roof. In my book that's cheap considering doing the whole coach including the roof takes me 2-3 hours. ;D :eek: 8)

Jeff, send those guys up here. It takes us approx 6 hours to wash the boat.

Send them over to me, too. But if you can't, where in my area can I purchase this stuff?
I've gone on their website and figured out there's a Classic version and an Ion version for new vehicles.
Is one really better than the other for RV's?
I've looked at camping world, walmart, kragen so far but it doesn't seem it's available in stores or I'm looking in the wrong places.
Thanks.

I've been using Protect All after Ron, Ned, John from Big D, or Someone, told me about in and I bought it at an auto supply store and use it to wash the cars and MH even the golf carts..  Now here in the desert they really get dusty, maybe dirty, and I do rinse them with plain water and wipe them off occasionally and wash them with Protect All when I do wash them.

We use nothing but Dri Wash'n'Guard on both vehicles.

rubysamm said:
Do you only use this product?? Dri-Wash-N-Guard? or do you still wash the coach when available?

Our 99 American Eagle has never been washed with anything but Dri-Wash-N-Guard since we took delivery in Aug 98.  Same goes with the Toad. 

.0There is A product from a company called 3D auto detailers called final clean works great Im a detailer myself and charge30 to 70 dallors to wash which means I clean the roof and tank the water which is spot free to avoid hard water which all full timers know about.

Back
Top Bottom