A Minnesota Poem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cadee2c

This has been making the rounds on facebook and in newsletters....  Enjoy

A Minnesota Poem - Author unknown

Its winter in Minnesota,
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour,
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Minnesota,
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Minnesota,
Cause Im frozen to the ground!

I lived in snow country for a few years as a kid, my father was career military. What I remember most about the winters was shoveling snow. I don't even like looking at the snow on Mt. Charleston during our mild winters in Clark County, NV.

I know a lot of you feel differently, but I really like the change of seasons.  Love Minnesota!  I always thought I would like to go south for the winters, but now that I am able, my thoughts have changed.  Yes, I will take some extended trips to see this wonderful country of ours, but I do like the peacefulness and beauty of the snow covered fields.  I am very fortunate to be able to look out my living room window on 120 acres of pines and prairie at rest under the snow.  I enjoy skiing and snowshoeing in the quietness of the woods. However, I do have the equipment needed to help move the snow out of my way when needed.

Kevin,  I'm with you.  I love Minnesota and the change of seasons.  I am looking forward to doing some traveling in other areas of the country but Minnesota will probably always be my home base.

Minnesota summers are to die for,
Their winters are harsh and cold.
I snowbird my time in Arizona,
I'm never looking back, I'm sold!

I substitute Alberta for Minnesota.  ;D Much the same climate. I lived there for over 20 years and finally tired of long cold winters. Now I deal with 8 months of rain. Oh well, it could be worse. I don't know if the diesel has a block heater, never bothered looking for the cord.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom