WINDOWS - CAN THEY BE CHANGED?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatriceG

Hello All,
This is my first question to the forum.
Finally found a floor plan that suits me in every way except one, which could be the deal breaker.
The RV is the Thor Windsport/Hurricane 31s.
It has push out windows that barely open.
I feel restricted and claustrophobic. 
Does anyone know if I can have windows that slide open installed aftermarket without voiding the entire warranty if purchased new.
Or, can the short hinged arm be replaced by a longer hinged arm so the window opens wider.
Finally, does anyone know of a manufacturer that has a floor plan identical to the Thor Windsport/Hurricane 31s "WITH" sliding windows?
Thanking everyone in advance for your thoughts.

Since you are apparently buying new, maybe you should ask the dealer what can be done.  I would think that windows can easily be changed if you are willing to pay to have it done - and having the dealer do it should not affect the warranty.

If you are buying new. THOR has sliding windows in their warehouse, Specify them and state that not having them is a deal breaker.. Should be very little difference in cost.

How do I know THOR has sliders... Sitting next to one as I type.

Asking the factory for a special order window is one possibility, but not all manufacturers will accommodate that. Some just don't, but even if they do, they may not have a slider in stock in the right size for that opening.

But you could always buy them yourself (or have the dealer install, if your pockets are deep enough). RV windows are quite simple and easily changed - they basically just clamp to the sidewall.  A changed a window would obviously not be warranteed by the RV manufacturer, but it doesn't affect the rest of the warranty (by federal law - the Magnuson-Moss Act). The risk is that your new window leaks and causes other damage to the RV. These would be "consequential damages" from your non-warranty window and also would not be covered. You could end up in a long debate about whether your window caused a problem or not.

^^What Gary said^^  Plus you are absolutely right about the push out windows not venting very well.  My last rig had the "frame-less" windows, which looked really cool, but didn't vent worth a darn.  At least for me, that would be a total deal breaker for a rig that I am going to spend a lot of time in.  In the industry today, many manufactures make rigs that are very similar in floor plan and amenities, so look around a bit more. 

I bet you find one that is very similar from a different builder.

Back
Top Bottom