1993 Pace Arrow CHEVROLET CHASSIS number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guestPacer

Hi looking for Chevrolet chassis number used on a 1993 33" PA. I believe the ford chassis # is F54.
Thanks GPacer

By chassis number do you mean the model? The Ford class A chassis is the F53, but the Chevy chassis designation is a bit more vague. They use both the P32 and P37 variants for a motorhome chassis. These numbers are taken from the vehicle VIN, positions 5-7. The P stands for "Forward Control chassis", the 3 for "One ton" and the 7 for "motorhome". Technically the P32 is the generic forward control chassis rather than motorhome specific, but some RV builders used the P32 rather than the P37 version. Not sure why - may be simply what Chevy did to fill the chassis order.

The Chevy Class A chassis is often referred to simply as "P30", to encompass the different VINs that may be in use.

Having done a bit of work on my Fleetwood Bounder of the same vintage P30 (7) buying brake parts and suspension bushings as well as engine and cooling parts. The P37 just confuses parts counter guys. Refer to it as a P30 class A motorhome chassis. For brake parts, if you have 4 wheel disc with hydroboost you most likely have Bendix jf9 brakes and a Dana 80 rear axle. Most engine parts are just heavy 1 ton parts, Not sure of radiator as I had mine recored. Radiator hoses were a bit more complicated even though the had original GM #'s parts guys were unsure how to proceed. I found NAPA to be best as they still know how to use the books instead of complete reliance on computers. I used Chilton manual #28642 for nearly everything with lots of Google searches for clarification.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom