Redoshower& drive ability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amurray

Looking for suggestion to redo shower. New enclosure or tile. Also any help to improve handling of stock W22 chassis.  6 new tires and alignment done. Still shakes at speed and wanders.

I redid my shower in tile and love it. Actually tore out old tub and put in 3x3 shower base and built up the walls with cement board then tiled. I did caulk it all with silicone so I wouldn't have cracks. All is great. Nice to have a "custom" job no other rv will have.
Have no suggestion on your other issue.

Shakes suggests an unbalanced wheel,  maybe a bent wheel or bad hub/bearings that lets it wobble around.

Wandering is a combination of suspension wiggle and driving technique. I suggest adding a track bar (Davis Tru Track or Henderson Supersteer). As for driver technique, focus your attention further down the road. The natural tendency during wandering to to watch the road stripes close to the vehicle, but this exacerbates the problem because you will constantly over-correct. Looking further down the road straightens your perspective (vision parallax effect) and leads you to drive straighter with smaller corrections.

You might find my Library article on Motorhome Handling to be helpful:
http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/MH_Steering_Handling_%20Primer.pdf

For shaking at speed and wandering, it can be anything in the suspension. The first thing to check is where the looseness is coming from. Jack it up so the tire is off of the ground and grab the top of the tire, shake it back and forth and see if it moves, if not try the other side the same way. If you get movement on the top of the tire, somewhere in that side of the suspension is suspect.

On our P30 the shakes and and wandering came from worn king pins.

Cement board isn't waterproof.

For waterproof and very light weight, I'd use kerdi board as its a waterproof, foam board, made for tiling. Wedi and Laticrete also make similar foam boards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom