"heater" switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millbro

I have a 1999 southwind 32v ford chassis. There is a red switch on the left side of the steering wheel on the the dash that says, "heater". I looked all through the manual and haven't come across what that is for. Would i be right to guess that it is for the holding tank heaters? Would that draw off of the house batteries or the main battery when turned on?

Could be, I suppose, but it could also be an outside mirror heater or possibly even a seat heater.  Hopefully, someone with a similar MH can answer without guessing like I am. :)

On Dash, Mirrors.... Or block heater.

On house control panel, bathroom or kitchen,, Tanks.

Question: Do you have any kind of energy monitor (Such as a Progressive Industries Surge protector with LCD display)

If you do take a reading, change nothing, and turn on that switch, take another reading, if it just went up 10 amps... Good chance it  is a block heater (Note: 10 is an approximation).

Watch your DC volts if dash is so equipped,,, Mirror heater may cause a SLIGHT drop. if your engines are not running and there is no shore power.

On our previous class c motorhome we had an extra knob marked heater, and it was for the rear bedroom. However it was in the rear bedroom

I think it is a mirror heater. Here in san diego, i dont think i'll be needing those mirror heaters too often but you never know if we're out on the road.

Back
Top Bottom