EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Which size Sprinter?  (Read 2956 times)

cmdel01

Which size Sprinter?
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:32:44 PM »
Greetings to all, this is my first post at this forum. I really have enjoyed the reading and information on all the boards.
I am considering purchasing a Class B van(probably a Sprinter). My main concern is which size: the 18.5ft or the 21.5ft. I guess the main issue is parking the 21.5 footer in a busy parking lot(restaurants, stores, etc.). I know the 18.5ft isn't as much of an issue because there are a few other vehicles: pick-up trucks, vans, and suv's that size that I see often in  busy parking lots.

Thanks for your input,
 David L.

Len and Jo

• ---
Re: Which size Sprinter?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:02:21 PM »
Our Chevrolet Express extended van is 19'10" long as build and with bike racks or other stuff attached to the back can be 22" plus a litte.  Either case I park in large lots near the back, away from cars and traffic as much as possible.  The van really takes one and half parking spots. Using two spots gives me a pull through, keeps rear end out of traffic area and out of harms way.  Just to big and to much invested in it to treat it like a "small" car or SUV.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis
We 'B' RVing   Berkley, Michigan
Van Development:   https://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
12 Years of Travels:  https://youtu.be/UMIf17CzdZo

blsmith25

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 08:14:50 PM »
I do the same. If I can't find a spot where I can "pull thru" I find several spots way in the back and take up about 4 cross-ways (depending on parking lot size and common sense).
Transports and other larger MH's do the same.
Your other possibility is your back overhang. It comes with some advantages. If there's nothing in the way, you can always park with the back overhanging grass or something so you can use one parking spot and not have either front or back sticking out into traffic.
Never do I park in the middle with ordinary cars and truck and regular vehicles unless I absolutely have to. And I don't believe I've absolutely had to so far... I don't want to risk it either.
B.L>

My BDV is a 2006 Pleasure-Way Plateau TS.

Rich_in_Tampa

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:00:37 PM »
Greetings to all, this is my first post at this forum. I really have enjoyed the reading and information on all the boards.
I am considering purchasing a Class B van(probably a Sprinter). My main concern is which size: the 18.5ft or the 21.5ft. I guess the main issue is parking the 21.5 footer in a busy parking lot(restaurants, stores, etc.). I know the 18.5ft isn't as much of an issue because there are a few other vehicles: pick-up trucks, vans, and suv's that size that I see often in  busy parking lots.

You'll appreciate the interior room more than you'll be troubled by parking issues. Even the 22 foot sprinter (which I own) is only a bit bitter than a large SUV. We just park it at an outer spot, sometimes taking up two when we know it won't trouble anyone else; walk an extra 50 feet in the parking lot, no big deal.

That size allows nice separation beween the bed area and the front seats, plenty of storage. Definitely recommend the 22' model.
Rich
2006 Great West Legend Sprinter

dmonbike

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »
I agree that the 22ft isn't too hard to park. Most of the time it's more of a challenge to fit UNDER things!
R

Hosted by Over The Network