Estes Park, CO/RMNP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zmotorsports

We are thinking about heading over to Rocky Mountain National Park in June and trying to get a feel for the RV parks in the area. 

I am curious if anyone has stayed at either Elk Meadow or Spruce Lake Camprgounds?  Thoughts and/or opinions on either or suggestions for other RV parks in the area.

Traveling in a 40' coach towing a Jeep.

Thanks.

Mike.

If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch I highly recommend the Woodalls, RvParky, and RvParks apps.  If you can't find a suitable park between them it's not there.

Been to Estes a couple of times.  Beautiful place.

Thanks, been all over the Rv Park reviews, I just wanted some first hand experiences from forum members.

Mike.

Mike,

About 10 years ago the RV Forum had three consecutive rallies, one year apart, at Estes Park, CO.  It was a great place and was the forerunner to the idea of an annual RV Forum rally.  Maybe others can fill in more about Estes Park.  Ardra and I loved Estes Park.

Attached is a picture of the campground.  I accidentally included the picture of the 3-guys and could not take it out.  For the record, going right to left is Ed Juge, who started the RV Forum, Bob Maxwell, and me at Estes park.

JerryF

Attachments

• CAMPGND2.JPG
    CAMPGND2.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 3GUYS-1.jpg
    3GUYS-1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 39
JerArdra said:
Mike,

About 10 years ago the RV Forum had three consecutive rallies, one year apart, at Estes Park, CO.  It was a great place and was the forerunner to the idea of an annual RV Forum rally.  Maybe others can fill in more about Estes Park.  Ardra and I loved Estes Park.

Attached is a picture of the campground.  I accidentally included the picture of the 3-guys and could not take it out.  For the record, going right to left is Ed Jude, who started the RV Forum, Bob Maxwell, and me at Estes park.

JerryF

Thanks Jerry, what campground is that in the picture?

We are almost kind of leaning towards the west side now as it appears to be less crowded and I have seen some favorable reviews of Elk Creek campground at Grand Lake at the west entrance to RMNP.

Mike.

Yep...you may want to try the west side of the park. Estes is very busy during the summer months. There are a few campgrounds in the park itself, but I don't remember how many can accommodate a 40' rig. There are a bunch of campgrounds fairly close on both sides of the park. Look in Fraser, Grand Lake, Granby, Hot Sulfur Springs to name a few. Kremmling has a very nice RV park.
Enjoy your trip. Beautiful area all around.

Stayed at the KOA in town, but that was in 1988 so I do not even know if it is still there.  Any place that lets you tour this area will be good.

We spent the month of August this year at the Elk Meadow park.  Great park only problem was that they didn't have a monthly rate.  They are right at the east entrance of the Rocky Mountain NP.  You camp at 7800 ft and can be at 10,000 ft in 15 minutes.  They have entertainment every Saturday night.  We really enjoyed our stay this year.

Back
Top Bottom