need help picking first camper!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZachZ13

hello!
I need some help and was hoping someone can help me pick the right camper for me. I have been camping since i was 3 years old, however this will be the very first camper I will own. I have my mind made up to two campers 1. Jayco Pinnacle 38flsa 2. Keystone Montana 3791rd. I was really hoping just to get your guys thoughts on what camper may be built better and will be one that will last for 10 years or so. This camper would be kept in a climate cooled garage through the week and only used on the weekend!
Thanks, Zach

Welcome to the forum.  Both of these campers are HEAVY - I hope you have a suitable pickup to tow them.  The floor plans are very different - folks either love or hate the front lounge idea.  I suggest you find one of each on dealers' lots and go look at them.

ZachZ13 said:
hello!
I need some help and was hoping someone can help me pick the right camper for me. I have been camping since i was 3 years old, however this will be the very first camper I will own. I have my mind made up to two campers 1. Jayco Pinnacle 38flsa 2. Keystone Montana 3791rd. I was really hoping just to get your guys thoughts on what camper may be built better and will be one that will last for 10 years or so. This camper would be kept in a climate cooled garage through the week and only used on the weekend!
Thanks, Zach

Zach, is ther a specific reason you are starting out with something so big & heavy? If this is truly your first rig why not start lighter/smaller? You'll get some practical experience towing, as well as a much more plentiful selection of sites/destinations. one of the most limiting factors of rigs that big is that there are a limited number of sites that can take them.

Just a thought...

Enjoy.

Both good choices and will easily last 10+ years with just routine maintenance. Especially if stored indoors.

You are going to need a one-ton (F350/3500) diesel pick-up to handle that size trailer. Maybe even an F450/4500, depending on the trailer weight. Don't skimp on the truck!

Both good choices as Gary says. Don't worry about size: we started out with a 37' Jayco Designer and it was great. When we decided we were going to spend winters in a fiver I bought the Big truck and camper. Most post on here are from experienced campers who have all upgraded to bigger, so I didn't want to be changing fivers or tow vehicles when I felt the need for something different. You will be fine, enjoy whatever you choose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom