2000 F-250 Diesel Truck Steering Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZuniJayne

Greetings, all......

I don't know if I posted this in the right spot, so please repost elsewhere if necessary.

A friend of mine has a 2000 Ford F250 Superduty diesel truck.  She started having problems with the power steering.  She discovered that the high pressure line broke, resulting in ruining the power steering pump. 

The pump and line were replaced.  However, the power brake pedal goes nearly to the floor, barely stops the truck.  The steering was better but noisy.  After a closer inspection, we discovered that both pressing the brake pedal and/or turning the steering wheel made the SAME noise occur in a big box on the engine side of the firewall on the driver's side.

Is this big box some kind of power booster for the brakes and steering?  Could the damaged power steering pump have caused problems in this "booster box" or could it be airlocked?

We tried bleeding the brake lines to see if air in them was a problem, but they were fine.  If the power steering is "airlocked" in the supposed "booster box,"  can those lines be bled to fix it?

We looked on several Ford forums, but didn't find any answers there.

TIA for any help on this!

That's a new one on me - don't know what that box is. I had a 99 F250 diesel for awhile, but have forgotten most of what little I knew about its  systems.

I'd try posting this question on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site (www.ford-truck.com) or some of the other Ford sites.

Gary,

TKS for the reference.  Didn't hit up that particular site.  One Ford forum wanted credit card info before answering anything.  I'm going to post it on the 4x4.com Ford board, too.  I belong to that one for my Raider/Mitsu.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom